navision manufacturing implementation

Dear All, I would like to ask you about Navision manufacturing implementation, they are as follows: 1. Could the manufcaturing module be applied without any other modules ? 2. What types of manufacturing company or products that navision manufacturing could be applied especially without adds-on and if with adds-on, how far its successful implementation could goes on ? tks a lot for your reply rgds, Johnson Alonso “the Lord is my Savior”

Hi Johnson, 1) No, Navision Manufacturing alone wouldn’t be possible. 2) Most of the Manufacturing Companies can use Navision Manufacturing with or without Add-on’s. Most of the implementations done are successful, but may also depend on the implementation partner for the success(or failure). If you can be a bit more specific and let us know which are the companies you are targeting, we can suggest something. Regards, Srinivas Shetty

quote:

2. What types of manufacturing company or products that navision manufacturing could be applied especially without adds-on and if with adds-on, how far its successful implementation could goes on ? tks a lot for your reply

This depends upon the company you are trying to implement manufacturing into. It is too broad to answer! What types? Potentially all. With or without add-ons? Simply depends upon the requirements!

Dear Srini, Steven and all, Tks for your prompt reply and kindness to answer. It encourages me to stay as navision consultant in one of NSC here. I want to know whether navision could be applied in the discrete manufacturing and non discrete, also for chemical companies, outoparts, foundry, metalworks, assembly company and project of engineering construction and service company, but disallowing the use of adds-on, because I think adds-on will just give a confusing for customers and showing the weakness of navision, as far as I know there are not adds-on in BAAN, JDEdwards, SAP or ORacle, what do you think? tks again beforehand. rgds, Johnson

I think you should get the best solution for your customer. Whilst Navision will work in all of these industries if it takes an official add-on to supplement the functionality for the vertical they are in then that is what they should do. I also believe every one of those software vendors has an official add-on catalogue to service particular verticals and customer needs. Add-ons are only confusing to the customer if they are sold badly, poorly written or function poorly, and no “official” add-on should really fall into the last two categories.

Dear All, I am thankful for your explanation. I have visited add-on forum and there is a statement said that add-on IS NOT primary thing to increase navision sale. So, I wonder why there are so many MBS partners created many adds on, have their adds on implemented well and then sell them ? I also want to know the continuous operation and batch type. Is there a navision special for continuous flow ? Is ERP system only for batch type company ? rgds, Johson