Navision Freelancers

Chandler, Thanks for the compliment about Mike - I’ll make sure he sees it. As far as the End User Developer license, the coverage is dependent first on what granules were purchased by your employer. They can buy rights to access just the Designer functions, or all the development functions (codeunits and C/AL) for everything but protected tables and codeunits (those involved in Posting to Ledgers), or they can purchase access to all the application system. In addition, there are separate granules for things like ODBC, C/FRONT, various pieces of the Advanced Distribution system and the Manufacturing system, etc. An NSC license is more all-encompassing than the Developer license provided to almost any end-user, simply because no one buys access to everything. But more important, that Developer license you are using is the property of your employer because they are the ones who paid Navision for the rights to use it. Even my personal Developer license is not really “mine” because it is subject to termination should my company’s relationship with Navision end. In the US, freelancers who do not work through an authorized Navision Partner, such as an NSC or an NSP, must “borrow” the license of the NSC or end user they are doing work for while they are doing that work. There are several folks who do work that way, but they do have some limitations (as least legal ones) on how they obtain a Developer license to do their work. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Thanks for the info… I know this is probably off the Subjet of this posting group… but what would it take for me to become a NSC or “Other” ? For Progress = 1 to 100 if Progress = 100 then Progress = 0 Else Next Progress

In the past, there was a set of published requirements for each of the Partner relationships. In addition to meeting these published requirements, a Navision Partner recruiting manager might visit your office to “check you out”. The best way to find out the current requirements is to contact Navision and ask to talk to the NSC recruiting manager for your part of the country. Good luck! Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner