Navision Fin. Server 2.00A compatibility W2K/W2003

Hi, Looking for confirmed opinions on tested and proofed compatibility of Navision Financials Server 2.00A software with Windows 2000 and 2003 Server. Please post your opinions here. Need to know if NF Server 2.00A works stable long-term on newer Windows servers then it was designed for (Win NT). Thank you for your voices.

No problem at all. You can feel confident upgrading windows to newer version. But if you have maintanance on Navision I receomend You to upgrade Navisions exe:s to newer version for performance, functionality and stability.

Navision’s own Database Server - in any of its versions - is a definitely very well-behaved application and exhibits no problems running on any Windows, be it desktop or server variants. However, the client is a whole different beast, of course… [:D]

quote:

… But if you have maintanance on Navision I receomend You to upgrade Navisions exe:s to newer version for performance, functionality and stability.
Originally posted by Lars Westman - 2005 Nov 01 : 12:21:16

OK, thank you for positive opinion [^] What exactly do you mean by having maintenance on Navision?

quote:

Navision’s own Database Server - in any of its versions - is a definitely very well-behaved application and exhibits no problems running on any Windows, be it desktop or server variants.

Perfect opinion, I like it [:D]

quote:

However, the client is a whole different beast, of course… [:D]
Originally posted by nelson - 2005 Nov 01 : 13:04:16

That’s of course a whole different and long story [:)], anyway we keep clients as they were working on Win ME/2k/XP. The only trouble was compatibility of NF 2.00A server vs. Win 2003. Thank you very much for the info!

quote:

OK, thank you for positive opinion [^] What exactly do you mean by having maintenance on Navision?
Originally posted by feniks69 - 2005 Nov 01 : 19:54:29

If You have an annual maintainance that you pay you have the right to run on newer versions of Navision. Only upgrading the exe:s, dll:s and such is an easy task.

quote:

If You have an annual maintainance that you pay you have the right to run on newer versions of Navision. Only upgrading the exe:s, dll:s and such is an easy task.
Originally posted by Lars Westman - 2005 Nov 02 : 11:25:01

Unfortunately we don’t have the maintenance and cannot upgrade database software. we keep 2.00A version, upgrading only machines and operating systems.