Navision Essentials

Hi, I have soon to sit the Navision essentials exam. Does anyone have any idea where I could get sample papers etc…? Thanks in advance Johnny C

[?] Johnny- I’ve got the exam coming up now too & it looks hard! Did you get a response from your sampe paper request? cheers, Craig

Hi There are some sample questions on the partnersource website - with a breakdown of hte areas and exam outline. Good luck [:D]

I’ve passed the test a week and a half ago, and I can say it is not too difficult if you study hard:) It means you should not only read Essentials pdf carefully, but also pay attention to Financial Management and to exercises in particular. Do the exercises several times in a row and study carefully how fields change. It is important to remember how to set up a company. Besides, you should know by heart what granulas your client will need in different cases. Good luck!

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Hi There are some sample questions on the partnersource website - with a breakdown of hte areas and exam outline. Good luck [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER

Hi Could you please provide me with the url for the partnersource website. thanx

Hi Spencer For me it is https://www.greatplains.com/partnersource_uk/ with an issued login and password from Microsoft. It will be different for you in South Africa. The general partnersource website does not contain the training links that are localised (I think). You will need to contact your NTR to get access to your local resources.

Hi, I passed the Essentials exam last week and as long as you read the course material you should be fine. My exam actually included 4 out of the 5 example questions provided on the Partnersource website! My questions were heavy on dimensions and granules. One question I have though - I’ve a feeling I actually took the Australian exam as my exam code on the Pearson Vue website shows ‘AU 00-002’. I can’t imagine this would make any difference on this particular exam - can anybody confirm this is ok for certification in the UK? Jonathan

Hi Jonathan Early in the certification process Microsoft highlighted that users were picking the wrong exam. A lot of UK takers of the exam passed or failed the Australian exam. I believe the stance was that it was not valid in the UK and you had to resit it.[:(] I will try and check.

Hi Jonathan It does not look like good news: http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6582 Page 3

quote:

Posted - 2003 May 13 : 18:23:43 Hey chaps - guess what??? One of our consultants came back really thrilled today as he passed his Essentials course with flying colours… Only to be called by Microsoft later in the day to be told that he had actually taken the Austrian test instead of the GB test!!! Make sure you look out for this one if you need to sit the test (as we work in IT is is quite unreasonable to expect us to actually read the instructions before doing the test!!)

Boy!! I just returned Home after clearing the Essentials an hour back. Was dancing till I saw the posting( Coincidantly it was the First one on my latest list.!!![:D]) Got startled.And again checked the code of the one I cleared. Ufff, It was the right one.[}:)] I can understand what that persom might have felt learning that He had cleared the wrong one.My sympathies and best wishes. And the Exam,Though I hv been on Navision presales since 1 year and given countless Demos working upon the same screens;I must say it was not so easy. For all Essentials aspirants, Please Keep a habit to look at smaller things while You are working with Navision. Regards, DD