Navision developers, well paid?

[B)]

For those who choosed the >3000$ option, please answer the following question: In wich company do you work? [:D][:D][:D]

Hi John, you may have forgotten [;)] that this is an international forum. There really is no way to compare salaries internationally. In countries like Russia and India, $30,000 per year may be a high salary, where as in the US, it would barely pay rent. Also once in the country it depends on where you live, county/city etc. Then there are all the side issues, car, health insurance etc. In the UK yo are pretty much sure of getting a car as a part of a salary package, in the US it never happens. Health insurance can cost many thousands of dollars a year in one country, and be virtually free in another. So first look at the whole package first.

True David… Let’s make the measure in beer :slight_smile: I can have 1000 beers (5,2%) a month… unfortunately some beers go to rent, food and other useless things :slight_smile:

Yes that’s a much better currency, I think a good programmer can get about 18,000 beers per year (say 1500 per month) Uncle Sam and his state based cronies take about 500 of them of course. In the Czech Republic, a good programmer can get about 2,500 beers per month, and the quality makes it much better value for money. Mind Klaus and his buddies take half of them there, so you are still only left with about 1,200.

Hi David, What about the remote developers? Let’s think about the developers who are working remotly in the USA for a Indian company. I did not know that all these poor people that we can see in the streets of New York are Navision developers[:o)] Anyway, it seems that we are back on the best beer discussion. Belgium has for sure the greatest number of different beers. Did you ever tried the “Chimay bleue” the “Leffe” or the “Kriek” ? If you did’nt, you missed something. I can send you a dozen of each so you can try. Hope it will be enough for one day. 1000$ / bottle * 36 500$ shipping 350$ airport tax 250$ alcohol tax ------ 37100$ Visa / Master card / American Express accepted Hope you’re not Indian[:o)] You can also use my web shop, it will be live soon[}:)]

Does the beer thing work if you factor in the price of beer in places like Iceland? Given the prices there, that would suggest the developers are grossly underpaid surely?

quote:

Originally posted by Navigera LG
True David… Let’s make the measure in beer :slight_smile: I can have 1000 beers (5,2%) a month… unfortunately some beers go to rent, food and other useless things :slight_smile:

Uops. This is easy to calculate, if you know the prices in Sweden. I know them [8D]. But please remember that the price of a beer (e.g. in Sweden) can’t be compared with other countries because of the taxes. For example: A guy in Germany with the same salary as you could have 2000 -3000 beers (5,0 %) or more. I agree with David. You can’t compare the salaries. bye André

A better measure would be the ratio of your per capita income to the per capita income of the country you live in!!!

I personally do all my development for the love of it… Not the money… I am a model employee… [:D] …Yeah… and if you believe that… Well… [}:)]

There’s an error in the poll! If I get $3000 I can’t vote… I guess it’s a programmer that set this vote up, right? :wink:

Good point Anfinnur… [:D] Also if you earn less than 3000 then everyone can just tick the <3000 option… A definite programmers logic poll!! [}:)]

This has been corrected in version 1.01 Just reload the page. [:D][:D][:D][:D]

The programmers logic has struck again should the poll not take into account what role you do. Having said that the beer comparisons are a very effective way of measuring your standing across the globe. In most of Europe (not including the Baltic states where currency fluctuations make it difficult to calculate from one week to the next) you could expect to be able to buy the following: Developers between 950 and 1100 beers per month Implementers between 1250 and 1600 beers per month Consultants between 1400 and 1800 beers per month Project Managers between 1750 and 2250 beers per month Of the European countries Iceland is very much at the high end of salaries and Spain and Portugal at the low end. In America you could probably look to add 10% to this and possibly more if you are based on the East Coast given the current demand in New York. In Australia and New Zealand you would be looking at about 85% of Europe’s purchasing power. In South Africa you are maybe looking at 75% of Europe. India it is around half. For contractors, this does depend on the skill of your recruiter but I would look to get you anywhere between 150 and 250 beers a day. Obviously this being a Navision / Axapta forum the beers used in this calculation are premium beers.

mmmh maybe i am blended but what kind for a beer ? which size ? a pint ? 0,33l or a real 1 litre :slight_smile:

I had based my figures on a pint of Stella Artois, I am aware there are other choices but these are surely inferior

Another factor to take into account, is where do you buy your beer? Is it a can of supermarket own brand [xx(], a bottle of lager in a cafe or wine bar [8D], or a pint of real ale at at pub or tavern? [:)] “I frequently find my work interferes with my drinking.” Jeffery Bernard [:D]

HAhahahah… this is just sooo crazy :slight_smile: Have a nice day beerlovers :slight_smile:

quote:

Originally posted by thescoobydoo For contractors, this does depend on the skill of your recruiter but I would look to get you anywhere between 150 and 250 beers a day. Obviously this being a Navision / Axapta forum the beers used in this calculation are premium beers.

I think with 150-250 beers a day my productivity might decrease [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

Well, you might produce beers… [:D]