Navision DB migrating to SQL

Hello, I have big problems migrating Navision native db to SQL. I take a backup and try to restore it in Navision SQL option. I get several errors mainly about not having enough rights as a user. I am domain administrator, db creater , db owner, and everything else. I can open the database and open a company but it won’t show. If i try to open the company a second time, it gives me an error. ‘You don’t have the rights to a table …’ If i go and check sql server management, i see that i have access to every table. I installed the extra dll and stuff. (xp_enumusers…) gave permissions… What am I doing wrong? ps: I am using windows authentication

Hi Neoke, surprised by SQL Behaviour. But you can try one thing. Try to go with Database Authentication.

I will try that. Can it be that I need a special license to access the sql database instead of the native database? By the flf file I have following option: 2,010 Server - Microsoft SQL Server Option 1

Owkay! It works! Using the database verification and only using one user SA i managed to log in into the database and it works! Note: Although I allready did this before, Importing the .flf file into the database on SQL is important to make this work ! Greetingz

Another question… When migrating the data, in front of every table, the name of company is being put. Is there a way of not doing that ? in native → Resources in sql → STANDAARD 3_60$Resources How to get rid off the ‘STANDAARD 3_60$’

In sql → STANDAARD 3_60$Resources is “name of the company”$tablename This is the complete table name in SQl So if you have two companies in your database, you will see two tables for resources i.e. “first company name”$Resources “Second company name”$Resources

Another Question: When migrating the data into SQL, I don’t seem to find my flowfields. Is there a way to include these flowfields on SQL… ? Thanks in advance.

All your flowfields should be included when you restore a Navision backup on a SQL database. COuld you be more specific? Like how did you check your flowfields, was this on a form, or did you open the table in design?

In navision I can see all the flowfields. But it’s when i’m using ado.net to access the sqlserver running the database I can’t see them. Altough in object designer you can see them all perfectly. What’s the catch ? Tnx

A flowfield is a virtual field. It is calculated when needed.

quote:

Originally posted by Neoke I have big problems migrating Navision native db to SQL.

Lol, Looking at your questions, you should.

quote:

Originally posted by ajhvdb

quote:

Originally posted by Neoke I have big problems migrating Navision native db to SQL.

Lol, Looking at your questions, you should.

I am studying Navision on my own for the past four weeks. So I don’t think it’s possible to know it all in four weeks, now is it ??

I didn’t got the impression you were only testing a migration but if you are, look at my face [:I] [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by Neoke
In navision I can see all the flowfields. But it’s when i’m using ado.net to access the sqlserver running the database I can’t see them. Altough in object designer you can see them all perfectly. What’s the catch ? Tnx

Flowfields (just like SIFT technology) is a Navision specific technology, not available in SQL Server itself. Hopefully though, now that MS owns Navision, they will also implement this technology in there. Unless you can uncover how this is implemented into the Navision SQL Server option, you won’t be able to see values in there.