Navision DB and Oracle under Linux

In a project I need to bring Datas from Navision DB under Win2000 to Oracle DB under Linux and back. Does somebody know a solution? Thank you for help Christoph

Isn’t running on SQL Server an option? Then you could do the data transfer fairly easy with some stored procedures (eventually triggered by the SQL Server scheduler for fully automated processing). If you have to use native Navision, then probably the fastest way to go is making a Visual Basic program to do the actual transfer. You can call this program from C/AL with the SHELL command. John

Unfortunately SQL 7 is not possible for this customer, they use only Linux Servers and are not ready to use MS SQL 7 Christoph Bisel Senior Consultant Implevit AG Kanalstr. 29 CH 8152 Glattbrugg Switzerland c.bisel@implevit.ch

Don’t worry… you can still do what John has told by using MySql. It’s fully linux compatible, fully SQL compatible and fully FREE. :slight_smile: You’ve linux & Windows versions. Regards – Alfonso Pertierra apertierra@teleline.es Spain

But does mySQL run Navision, Alfonso? Don’t think so. Christoph, you don’t mean this customer wants to run Navision on Linux, do you? AFAIK this platform isn’t supported yet. And when they have to install a Windows server for running Navision, then taking the SQL option could be justified for doing the interfacing, isn’t it? John

John, didn’t tried yet Navision on MySql… but i don’t see any reason why it won’t work on it too. You can still use MySql as middle platform for conversion: using a dispatcher for sending the information to mySql from Navision in the windows 2000 system, mySql to Oracle on the Linux system and stablishing the communication between the two mysql servers by tcp/ip. May be this way it’s a bit more crazy… but as MySql it’s free it’s not an expensive way too… :slight_smile: Regards – Alfonso Pertierra apertierra@teleline.es Spain

Interesting thought, Alfonso. But not very practical, I’m afraid. Another solution here could be to use Java as the translating platform and make the connection through a JDBC-ODBC Bridge (see www.easysoft.com for a good one). John