Navision Client side have small Database ?

Can you tell me wether Navision Client side have small Database? What different data between client side and Server side Database ?

You don’t have to install the database on the client. That database only contains the demonstration company CRONUS. Choos “Client only” when You install if You don’t want this database.

Database size for the native Navision DB is 32 GByte. Client and Server. If you need more space, you can use SQL Server. ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

I think why navision is so slow if use Client/Server mode connect in WAN. Because the Client side no data use, right ?

Thats right - when you are aconnected to a server, then the local databasefile is not in use.

quote:

Originally posted by fabian: Database size for the native Navision DB is 32 GByte.

From version 2.60E is the limit 64 Gbyte. Per.Bay@navigera.com Product Manager www.navigera.com

Per where have you seen this information? According to Navision this is not available, and the granule 64GB is removed again. So so far, it is 32GB on the native Navision Database… Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG

In the Netherlands it is officialy anounced by Navision NL. Maximum size is 64Gb. The standard license will be 32 Gb but you can ask to configure 64Gb (for free). Willy

In germany the new granule 1,360 (Database Expansion per 64 GB) is available. My license-file (SD) contains this new granule since the last update. For customers the new granule is for free.

quote:

I think why navision is so slow if use Client/Server mode connect in WAN. Because the Client side no data use, right ?

HF: because the objects are executed locally. When you call up a form or report, tho object code is loaded and stored in local cache (Options/Object Cache). Use Terminal server (free with W2000) or Citrix to eliminate the problem. Alex