Navision Certification

What are the requisites for taking Nav Certifications? Are they open to anyone who would like to take them or limited to Solution Centers/Partners? My company has recently informed me that they would like me to obtain more Nav training and I’m not sure where to start. At this point I’m not concerned with the order in which the courses should be completed just the absolute basic requirements. Thanks.

The exams are open to anyone I believe on VUE or Prometric, as for the courses this will depend upon what is on offer in the US, in the UK they are open to the public, you just have to pay for them [:D]

And of course looking forward to your world wide franchise relaunch in the summer - you must be really excited to be mainstream again [:D]

Thanks for the info Steven…and yes I’m looking foward to it as well. Took long enough!

Anyone can take the certification tests, just got to a VUE center, pay money and do the test.

Training is a different issue though.

Sorry Steven, I obviously had that screen open too long before hitting the submit button.

What makes training a different issue?

I guess in the US you need to be associated with a Microsoft Partner associated with Navision to attend any of the training courses? In the UK this is outsourced and I believe anyone can attend as long as they pay the fee - well I just got as far as the “pay now” screen for Axapta development anyway [:D]

It really depends on what you want to do…if you just want to pass the exams, that’s pretty easy, just read my BLOG about this but if you want to really learn, then you need to get your hands on a developer version t play with and studdy. Tha would generally mean MSDN, which is about $3,000 per year, so it gets expensive. I am not sure if they give you a developoer licnese when you entrole in a class or how they do it though.

Annoyingly just lost a large post with a HTTP error!

Anyway a summary of the lost post reads that exams are exams are exams, if your company values them then the following should make them happy. You can avoid the developers license requirement by becoming an applicaiton master.

The application master is constructed as follows:

Core Exams (1 exam required)

Financial for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Exam (4.0 English, 4.0 Czech, 4.0 Danish, 4.0 Dutch, 4.0 Estonian, 4.0 Finnish, 4.0 French, 4.0 German, 4.0 Italian, 4.0 Lithuanian, 4.0 Latvian, 4.0 Norwegian, 4.0 Polish, 4.0 Portuguese, 4.0 Russian, 4.0 Spanish, 4.0 Swedish)

Elective Exams (3 exams required)

Relationship Management for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Exam (4.0 English)

Manufacturing for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Exam (4.0 English, 4.0 French, 4.0 German, 4.0 Spanish, 4.0 Czech, 4.0 Italian, 4.0 Danish, 4.0 Russian, 4.0 Dutch)

Service Management for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Exam (4.0 English)

Warehouse Management for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Exam (4.0 English, 4.0 German, 4.0 Italian, 4.0 Spanish, 4.0 Czech, 4.0 French, 4.0 Danish, 4.0 Russian, 4.0 Dutch)

Trade & Inventory for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Exam (4.0 Portuguese, 4.0 Polish, 4.0 Norwegian, 4.0 English, 4.0 Estonian, 4.0 Finnish, 4.0 French, 4.0 German, 4.0 Italian, 4.0 Latvian, 4.0 Lithuanian, 4.0 Spanish, 4.0 Danish, 4.0 Russian, 4.0 Swedish, 4.0 Dutch or 4.0 Czech)

Costing for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Exam (4.0 English)

Thanks for all of the info. I’ll be sure to pass this on to my employer and hopefully get the ball rolling. Thanks again.