Navision and hyperlinks

Hi everyone Is it possible to make a field e.g. in the contact table, where i write a path to a folder, and after use the field on a form as a hyperlink to the folder? The folder should contain special files conected to the contact e.g. drawings or pictures. Or is there a better way to solve this problem? I don’t have acces to use the code on forms. Regards Karl

Hi Karl If you can’t reach the code I would suggest the following: Type the path as UNC in a textfield like: \YourServer\YourDirectory\YourSubDirectory Then you can copy this, open the explorer and paste it in the address line. Not proper but it works. Better: ask your NSC to solve this problem. bye André

well… the hard thing should be using the command hyperlink … if you just set a path it will use the explorer, if you set a path to a file it will try to open the file with the appropiate program (appropiate means the one set on windows to be the program to open that kind of file).

This will do the trick: var WindowsShell: Automation ‘Microsoft Shell Controls And Automation’.Shell procedure ExploreFolder(FolderName : Text[250]) begin IF ISCLEAR(WindowsShell) THEN CREATE(WindowsShell); WindowsShell.Explore(FolderName); end;

Good Morning

quote:

Originally posted by jhoek
… some code …

Ahem, Jan did you read the posting?

quote:

Originally posted by ecpower
… I don’t have acces to use the code on forms. …

bye André

Karl Henrik Sørensen - Sorry can’t help you Jan Hoek - This works too: SHELL(‘C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IExplore.exe’, ‘C:\Temp’);

Karl Henrik Sørensen - You have access to the table and form designer? A workaround might be: Copy the Homepage field from the Relations table to the Contacts table and give it a number you are allowed to use. Copy the Homepage field and the button next to it from the Relations form to the Contacts form. Make a windows shortcut to point to the folder you want Navision to open. Fill the Homepage field from one of your Contacts with the path to the shortcut like “C:\Temp\Navision” (without quotes) Clicking the button will open the folder in the shortcut.

quote:

Originally posted by PeterD
Karl Henrik Sørensen - Sorry can’t help you Jan Hoek - This works too: SHELL(‘C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IExplore.exe’, ‘C:\Temp’);

True, but only if Internet Explorer is installed in precisely that folder. If you are going to use this approach, I would definitely prefer HYPERLINK over SHELL.

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB Ahem, Jan did you read the posting?

Oeps. [:I]

Thank you very much for all the answers The option to copy the homepage field is a good solution, I have used it on other forms and it works very fast and good. In the contact table/card this field already exists, and as far I as can see it can be used only once, whitout changing the code. I think that I have found the proper way to solve my problem, using the standard setup. Teatching the employees to use the interaction menu on the card, when important files are involved, seems to be a good solution. It gives a fast historical overwiew in the log, and it opens all documents/pictures as well, only by one click. Best regards Karl