Navision Analyst w/ Office XP

Testing a setup with WinXP Pro-SP1 & Office XP-SP2, however it appears that Navision Analyst 2.60D is not intended to work with Excel2002. Anyone know if there’s a newer version or different product that works with Excel 2002 & Office XP?

Just cheated a little and manually created registry keys for Office 9.0 (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office 9.0\Excel)& Analyst installed okay. I’ll have to do some testing with an accountant to make sure it works like it’s supposed to.

quote:

Originally posted by pcrouse
Testing a setup with WinXP Pro-SP1 & Office XP-SP2, however it appears that Navision Analyst 2.60D is not intended to work with Excel2002. Anyone know if there’s a newer version or different product that works with Excel 2002 & Office XP?

I ended up copying the following registry keys from a machine currently running Win2K/Office2K to get Analyst working properly with OfficeXP/WinXPPro: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Excel HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Navision Software HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Timeline, Inc. Seems to work fine now.

quote:

Just cheated a little and manually created registry keys for Office 9.0 (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office 9.0\Excel)& Analyst installed okay. I’ll have to do some testing with an accountant to make sure it works like it’s supposed to.

quote:

I’ve finally gotten everything working fine with OfficeXP. I installed Office 2000, then applied a custom OfficeXP Pro install via Group Policy Object Software Installation, and chose to have OfficeXP NOT remove Excel2000 & Access2000. Analyst now works in both Excel2000 & Excel2002(XP). What a PITA, but works fine now.

quote: