Navision 2.5 add a control to an existing Field Menu for a form

Hi All,

I know I am way behind most of you in my knowledge of Navision. I want to change our Purchase Order Subform to add a new control not available in the existing Field Menu for the form. The vendor who did our original setup did it wrong. They only included Unit Cost and Direct Unit Cost in the field menu which displays an average cost on our Puchase Orders, instead of the new pricing supplied by the Vendor. When we upload our new vendor pricing it populates all four of the cost fields on the Item card, but Standard Cost is the only field that keeps the new cost. All of the others have formulas for averaging. Therefor, Standard Cost is the field that should be displayed on our Purchase Orders. We are constantly having to manually change our cost on the Purchase Orders because it is wrong.

This is a huge problem as we have hundreds of vendors and are constantly updating our item costs through imports from Excel to our Item and Contract Pricing databases in Navision. When we send a Purchase Order to the Vendor it must have their lastest costs or they reject our order. This counter-acts all of the automation and we find we are manually entering our purchase order costs.

How can I add Standard Cost to the Field Menu for our Purcase Order Subform? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

from what you have posted it seems that you have an old venison of NAV, but don’t have a partner supporting you anymore. Are you still on support?

I really think you need to find a NAV aprtner to do this for you, its not somethign you want to be playing with untill you know what you ared doing. Do you ahve a developers license by the way, or just the table and form designers?

I don’t have at hand your version since it’s quite old, and has David said isn’t support anymore by Microsoft.

I think you re mixing vendor price and standard valuation concept. You must define a valuation method (standard, FIFO, etc) for an item card. But you can buy items at any price. In standard costing you must define G/L accounts to post purchase differences between standard costing and real cost.

Hello Nuno,

Thank you for your response. We have LIFO set as our valuation method, and we do have all of our gl accounts defined. I have been creating forms and reports and modifying forms and reports for our Navision database for years. But I have never been able to figure out how to add a field to an existing form that is not already included in the field menu. Every time I try, I get an error message that I do not have permission to change the field menu. I guess it is as David says, I need to have our Solutions Partner do this. I like to do as much as I can on my own, but I guess I have no choice in this.

Again,

Thank you

I don’t have at hand your version since it’s quite old, and has David said isn’t support anymore by Microsoft.

I think you re mixing vendor price and standard valuation concept. You must define a valuation method (standard, FIFO, etc) for an item card. But you can buy items at any price. In standard costing you must define G/L accounts to post purchase differences between standard costing and real cost.

Nuno Maia

In your license you must have granule form designer or you must ask your current solution partner.

In our license, we do have granule Form Designer and granule Table Desiger. And I am a Superuser. And I have designed a few reports and forms. Are you saying I should be able to add controls to an existing form’s Field Menu?

Thanks,

Andrea