Navigate form scroll bar

This is really just an irritation more than a problem, but has anyone come across a solution to the following? In 3.60, when you use the navigate form and it contains more than 3 lines, you cannot scroll up and down the window using the scrollbar - you can only use the arrow keys. Until you do this, the scrollbar remains unuseable. After using the arrow keys, it beomes useable and can be operated normally. On partnerguide.com, the service requests state it would be fixed in 3.70 but as far as i know that hasn’t happened. Does anyone know how to fix this in either version, or do i just have to live with it? Thanks in advance. John

quote:

Originally posted by John Small
This is really just an irritation more than a problem, but has anyone come across a solution to the following? In 3.60, when you use the navigate form and it contains more than 3 lines, you cannot scroll up and down the window using the scrollbar - you can only use the arrow keys. Until you do this, the scrollbar remains unuseable. After using the arrow keys, it beomes useable and can be operated normally. On partnerguide.com, the service requests state it would be fixed in 3.70 but as far as i know that hasn’t happened. Does anyone know how to fix this in either version, or do i just have to live with it? Thanks in advance. John

Actually, it’s not just the Navigate form. It happens everywhere in NA 3.60. Even in C/AL editor, sometimes. Which is really annoying! [}:)] Anna

Navision never had vertical scroll bars before, only srolling arrows. Maybe because of the calculation necessary to show the correct position and size of the scroll bar?!? They introduced the vertical scroll bar (with Attain, if I remember correctly) but it never worked OK, there is some kind of bug on the User Interface code. Not much to be done, really. Unless you work on the HQ… [8D] Oh well…

Thanks for the info. I suspected it may just be something i have to live with, so i guess i will just have to deal with it. [:(!] I will put in a service request with HQ but i will be amazed if that sees a positive conclusion as it seems to be something that need some fairly fundamental tinkering with for what is a fairly minor (but none the less annoying) error. Thanks anyway! John

— quotation — The reason for this is speed. When a vertical scrollbar is used, it is neccessary (sp?) to calculate (and recalculate) at what (relative) position you are in the current table. To do this you need to count the number of records in your current view, and the number of records above (or below) your current record. This wouldn’t be much of a problem if it weren’t for the filters you can set on any field in the table. So it faster to not have vertical scrollbars in those windows. You’ll get used to them. Dennis van Es PerCom: Research & Development BV The Netherlands