NAV2013 import of images from SaaS travel and expense management provider

Hi All,

Can I import images (say travel expense receipts) into NAV2013 and then call those images when I want to use them as backup to a charge on an invoice? Is anyone doing this at the moment? Do I need to buy a third party application to hold the images at the line level (eg Zetadocs), if so any suggestions?

Background:

We are investigating third party SaaS Travel and Expense providers (Concur, Webexpense, Expensify) to make our T&E process electonic. I want to automate the import into NAV2013 of the AP journal line for each expense receipt and then reinvoice the line item receipt back to a client, as T&E is often rebillable. I also want to produce a backup report containing the image(s) of the receipt(s) charged to the client and linked back to the invoice buildup (the more challenging bit).

The T&E solution will capture the receipt as an electronic image as part of the process of compiling the expense claim. The T&E solution can all send the images to NAV2013, apparently. I want to import the images to NAV and link them to the AP lines created in the journal import.

I have investigated the likes of Zetadocs, but currently they only attach to the header level not the line level of a record (as I understand it).

Any thoughts or other solutions folk on the forum consider workable?

Cheers

Have you ever considered using NAV RecordLink functionality, pointing to file on shared folder? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh896043(v=nav.71).aspx