NAV Routine

Hi!

Do you know if it’s possible to create a NAV routine able to move stock from virtual warehouse to a physical warehouse?

I mean, once the stock is below of safety stock level set, NAV should move by itself the stock from virtual to physical WHS, creating a transfer order and post it without human touch?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Marco,

NAV already does most of it automatically if it has been setup correctly. Your inventory planning will calculate the requirements and suggest to create transfer order. Think that [mention:78dac244ef724f93bf63639d705e96ea:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] can tell you more about that part of the process. That’s standard.

All you would need to do is to program the final part of creating the transfer orders and posting it. If that’s really what you want. [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

Marco,

Yes, NAV can create the Movement/Replenishment automatically. First you should setup Stockkeeping Units (SKU), per Item/per Locations. The Physical Warehouse is set to Transfer Order and the Virtual Warehouse is Purchase/Prod. Order depending on the Item. You would set on the Physical Warehouse the Planning Parameters. You need to set the Reordering Policy and related Safety Stock and Reorder-Point Parameters and Order Modifies. I could write for awhile here on each fields impact on planning so I will attach my Planning Handout I give my customers to help me understand the fields and impact on processing.

Now, one thing I wanted to emphasize is that by creating the SKU and Transfer when the Physical Warehouse drops below the Planning Reorder Point or if the Safety Stock drop below the Quantity, running the Requisition Worksheet will drive automated Transfer Orders (NOTE: If you are using Advanced Warehouse then under the Movement Worksheet you can run Replenishment function to move the inventory from Virtual Location to Physical Location.

Hope this all helps. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Link to handout -

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmRbkPn9LCQZnwN5qgLQ61GB6G0z?e=ObkVgX

Thanks,

Steve