NAV roles to print checks

Using NAV 2009 SP1. What permissions are needed to print checks? If i wanted to restrict users from printing checks what tables/forms would I eliminate from the roles .

I believe the payment journal form (256) and the report that actually prints the checks (currently ours is a custom report 50000 range, byt would also not allow access to the standard report that print the checks ), would this be enough to restrict users from printing checks?

Here I would suggest to go for small customization .I will add one boolean field in user setup as ‘Print Check’ and will check it before printing check for user .If it is ticked in user setup then it will print or else it will not print and give error message .

Would this also be the same to receive inventory? I am trying to understand the logic that would go in to the user setup

What is mean by receive inventory ?? Is there any separate user receive the inventory which you want to restrict to that user only.

I want to restrict certain people from receiving products into inventory.

Same way you can add Boolean one field in user setup and provide access to specific user…

Hello Sean,

There are two ways,

Solution 1:
One way of attaining the solution is to customize the user set up form through which we can identify which user tries printing the report thereby restricting the user from printing the Check. This is simple way of doing.

Solution 2:
Another possibility in achieving the solution is to create a New Role and Assign Permission to the role.

1. Select the Object Type as “Report”
  2. Set the Object ID as 1401/50000(Custom report).
  3. Select the Read, Insert, Modify, Delete, Execute permission as Indirect
  4. If the user needs all other report than 1401/50000, then create permissions (Read, Insert, Modify, Delete, and Execute) for all other reports as “Yes”.

This indicates that the role has all permission to the reports except 1401. Assign the role to the user who needs to be restricted.
One thing that needs to be considered with the above solution is that

• This access set up will not be applicable for SUPER Users.
  • Check if the user is already assigned to any other role. Check the roles to see if the user has permission to access all the reports. If found delete the corresponding line in the role.

Regards,

Congruent Info - Tech