Nav R2 Server Service WAN - no manage private keys menu

Hey Guys,

I am putting a remote Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 installation together and trying to configure SSL over WAN but something goes wrong.

As per the document “RoleTailored Client over WAN for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2.pdf” , I need to

under the Personal node in the Certificates snap-in.

1. In the left pane of the MMC, expand the Certificates (Local Computer) node, expand the Personal node, and then select the Certificates subfolder.

2. In the right pane, right-click the NavServiceCert certificate, click All Tasks, and then click Manage Private Keys.

3. In the Permissions for NavServiceCert private keys dialog box, click Add.

4. In the Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups dialog box, enter NETWORK SERVICE, which is the name of the service account, and then click OK.

But apperently I have no Manage Private Keys. option at all …

Then when I start the service it stops with not being able to find its certificate:

Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavConfigurationException, Cannot find valid … X.509 certificate…

Any ideas ?

Gabor

Is it somewhat related to the OS ?

I’m beating my head against the wall on server 2012 trying to bring up NAVUserPassword with the same issue. Did you ever figure out why you couldn’t get to “Manage Private Keys” in the MMC snap-in?

thanks,

Mark Tyler