NAV Developer's Toolkit 3.01 can't open Database created by Nav 2009 SP1 Classic With SQL Server

Hello All,

I has created a DB by “Nav 2009 SP1 Classic With SQL Server”, used by default option just disable “Validate Collaction”, then import the file DevTool.fob, and then create a new company.

But I can’t open DB in NAV Developer’s Toolkit 3.01 when I selected the DB on the dialog window "Open Database’

it says "---------------------------

Developer’s Tool kit for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The NDT301 database on the WKSWIN7 server cannot be opened by this version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic. The database has already been converted by a newer program version. You must upgrade Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic to the latest version to open the database.

OK

"

Has anyone done this before? Could you give some hints for me please. I do not know if I do something wrong!

About Client:

NAV 2009 SP1 / Version 6.00.29626 (SQL)

Thanks in advance

Martin

I don’t think the NDT is compatible with NAV 2009 unless you do some sort of hot fix to it or something. I don’t remember all of the details, but I could never get it to work with a database created in 2009. I had to use 5.0. This was over a year ago, so things may have changed at this point.

I had changed fin.etx and fin.stx then NDT go working , everything was good but NAV in troubles when I import a FOB file from another server, the error says "There are errors in the text conversion (text no.160-1 does not exist in the .stx file). Internal error: 47-1, can you tell me a hint, thank you! - Martin

Hi martin,

You got any solution of this.

Use an older NAV 2009 RTM client (not SP1) to create the database for the NDT. If you only have an SP1 client available ( it wasn’t designed for that build), you can try this workaround: http://www.unylogic.com/using-dev-toolkit-dynamics-nav2009-sp1/