I have a problem with the Automation Servers installed on my laptop that is giving me two distinct problems in NAV:
- When I try to create a new SQL database, I get the error below.
- In an existing database, when I try to create a new Variable in an object of type “Automation” (SQL or Native database) I get the same error (as point 1) when I try to lookup the list of Automation Servers.
The error I am getting is:
Invalid format of GUID string. The correct format of the GUID string is
where 0-9, A-F symbolizes hexadecimal digits.
I’ve tried a few things to resolve this issue, but without success.
- I’ve tried totally removing NAV2009 SP1 from my machine, rebooting and re-installing.
- I’ve tried totally removing NAV2009 SP1 from my machine, rebooting, and installed NAV2009 R2.
- I’ve reviewed other software I’ve installed over the past few months to see if it could be one of them (to be honest i don’t know how long the issue has been happening so it’s hard to tell.)
- I’ve run a Registry Fix program on my machine to see if it could identify any problems with the registry, but it was fine.
I think what I need to know is where does NAV get it’s list of Automation Servers from on my laptop, to populate the “Automation Server” table (2000000046). It is a Virtual Table so I can’t look directly into it in a NAV client or through SQL. If I try to create a form/table or report to view that table, I get the same error as above!! If I knew where NAV looks for this list (for example the registry), I could go look myself for any strange looking entries.
Any idea’s would be much appreciated!