NAV 5 and SQL 2005 Cluster

Hi

IS Nav 5 supported on SQL 2005 cluster. I cannot find any documentation regarding how to setup this

Any issues in cluster configuration or any issues from Navision I do not anticipate any as it is jsut for HA and should no thave any impact on the app but just want to confirm

Thanks

I have the same question, Is Nv 5 or Nav 2009 suported on SQL 2005 or 208 cluster, wher to find any documentation about it?

Best regards

We currently run NAV 2009 SP1 on a SQL 2008 Active-Active cluster and it works great.

Hi,

Can you please share the steps to create Active-Active NAV clustr solution… I am new to Navision & found no document supporting clustering with NAV.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Priyavert

I did not create it. It’s not something that someone new to SQL should be setting up alone. You’ll want to bring in an experienced person to help with it.

Have in mind that “Failover Cluster” capability is a matter of the OS and the SQL Server service - and yes, of course SQL Server is capabale to run on a Cluster; NAV is just an application using the SQL Server, hence - in a Classic Client scenario - there is no need for a failover-solution for the (NAV) clients.

If the “failover” happens, NAV clients will get a disconnect, then they’ll have to re-logon.

The NAV Service-Tier service of NAV 2009 is NOT Cluster-capable, thus you cannot automatically failover the RTC-service!

We performed a failover test with the RTC on NAV 2009 SP1, and while there was a momentary lag where you could not do anything ( < 30 seconds) we never got disconnected. This was with the SQL 2008 active-active cluster.

If you just mean the service tier itself, though, then yeah…that would be really nice to have.

If you just mean the service tier itself, though, then yeah…that would be really nice to have.

Indeed, that’s what I meant!