NAV 4.0 AND SQL SERVER 2005

ITALIAN

Ciao a tutti,

volevo rivolgervi una domanda: un cliente ha NAV 4.0 (non SP1) con opzione DB SQL, e, per altre esigenze, ha chiesto l’upgrade da SQL SERVER 2000 al 2005: qualcuno sa dirmi se occorre installare la SP1 o no?

Grazie mille,

Erme

ENGLISH

Hello

I have a question: a customer has NAV 4,0 (not SP1) with option DB SQL, and, for other requirements, he has asked the upgrade from SQL SERVER 2000 to 2005: have I to install the SP1 of NAV 4.0 or not?
Thanks thousands,

Erme

Yes, you have to use NAV 4.00 SP1 at least! I recommend to use the latets version available, I think it currently NAV 4.00 SP2 Update 1

I believe there’s an update 3 even for SP2.

The latest update for SP2 (I think update 2 or 3) is ONLY in case you use SQL2005. No need to install it if you have SQL2000.
In short: better don’t use versions before that with SQL2005.

Hi,

thank you for your responses: I want to ask: there are tools for update to 4.0 to 4.0 SP2? I mean for data of course…

Thanks,

Erme

Upgrade procedures are same as earlier. You should use some tools such as Compare&Merge from developer toolkit (or whatever tool you prefer) and do merge by yourself. If you have a lot of customizations, process is a little bit painfull but doable at the end.

Thank you

Or you could just upgrade your executables (to SP2) and leave your database as version 4.