Nav 3.7 sql server option

Hi,

I’ve installed Ms Nav 3.7 with SQL Server 2000 SP 3a on a Windows Server 2003 environment. We have a license file which can accommodate 50concurrent users.

The problem we have is when a user logs in and logs out of Navision the database sessions window does not update.

Any idea on why this is happening ? please shed some light !

Cham.

What do you mean by “doesn’t update”?

Simply close the form and reopen it again - then it will show correct current sesions…

I have done this…but the sessions window have duplicate records for the same user/ same host machine name and have only opened one navision client window. so we can’t say that they are using multiple login session. pls help

Have You checked that what You see in Navision, also corresponds to what You see in SQL Server Management Studio (or Enterprise Manager if on earlier SQL)?

hi, I’ve checked on Enterprise Manager using sp_who: It shows duplicate sessions as well .

Sure, I was thinking about the activity monitor though.

And the different duplicate records, do they have same or different Connection ID’s/Process ID’s/spid’s?
Do they have the same Logon-date’s/Logon-time’s?

thanks for the reply sander. they have different connection ID’s . spids are as same as connection ID’s.

Hi Chaminda,

The reason for me asking this, is that I seem to remember having some issues regarding the session-view, at a customer’s on 3.70 - SQL2000.
I believe it was fixed by a hotfix at some point.
I’m not sure though.
(It’s some years ago… )

If You are not on the latest hotfix, it could be worth a try.

However, as You say that the “duplicate” records, have different spid’s, it might not solve it.

But somehow the duplicate records must disappear at a given point of time.
I mean, You say that after closing Navision, and reopening, there is 2 records in the session-form.
When the user log’s in the next morning, is there 3 records by then, or have the 2 from yesterday disappeared?

Hi Alex…thanks for the reply. I installed Analysis Services for SQL and the patch for Analysis Services…BINGO ! problem gone. I don’t know how it solved but it worked. I did some further research on this subject and found out that there could be ‘ghost sessions’ on client server environments. These are purely server based and will have effects on SQL server and other applications.( MSDN books online

Cheers!

Chaminda.