NAV 2018 - Analysis By Dimension

Hi All,

In Service module, first we creates Service Contract → Sign Contract → Create Service Invoice → Post Service Invoice.

For one of our client we have develop new table and page - Contract Accrual Details. When we Post these accrual entries G L Entries get created. We are flowing dimension to GL Entries from Service Contract Header and Line while posting accrual entries. Dimensions are updating properly.

After that user runs Analysis by Dimension page and get the data.

Now my problem is here.

Process 1 :When we follow steps : creates Service Contract → Sign Contract → Create Service Invoice → Post Accrual Entries → Post Service Invoice. that time values of Accrual amount is updating correctly in Analysis by Dimension.

Process2 :But if I follow steps creates Service Contract → Sign Contract → Create Service Invoice → Post Service Invoice → Post Accrual Entries then value of Accrual amount not updating.

If I post Service Invoice(either same invoice for next period or another invoice) then values of accrual amount is updating properly for process 2.

If I check GL Entries for accrual entries for both the process, dimensions are updating properly.

I am not able to find why this is happening. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

So if you post accural entries before posting service invoice then the system works the way you want to work? is this correct?

Thanks Imran for reply.

Yes.

But the user follows the process- first Invoice Post then Accrual Entries Post.

Hi,

I found that Analysis View Entry is not getting created. It is creating when I am posting another service order. Where as G/L Entry is creating properly. I do not have idea of Analysis View Entry table. Can some one tell me where can I check why it is not updating?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

Analysis views are not created automatically from g/l entries. Normally, all posting routines call codeunit 410 at the end of the posting process to update analysis views. For example, you can find this code in codeunit 5980 “Service-Post”

UpdateAnalysisView.UpdateAll(0,TRUE);

What you need is to call the same function in your custom procedure

Thanks a lot Alexander.

I adopted the same solution and its working fine now.