NAV 2016 Disable "Print and Send" for a particular page

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there’s a way to disable “Print and Send” for a specific page in NAV 2016?

I’ve tried creating a blank template, which effectively blocks Word (when Word opens, there’s an error message, which is fine). But it doesn’t block “Print” or “Email” - those 2 functions use some other template, and I don’t know if that can be overridden or bypassed.

Debugging didn’t trap for any trigger anywhere that I could intercept either.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Ron

Use the Enabled property of the page. In the user setup create a field Print and Send Allowed and create a function called PrintandSend(return value :Boolean)
usersetup.get(userid);
if usersetup.“print and send” then
exit(true)
else
exit(false);

In you specific page OnOpenPage and OnAftergetrecord add the below code
Declare a global variable called PrintandSendcheck
Printandsendcheck := PrintandSend.

In the Enabled property of Print and Send add PrintandSendCheck.

If user has permission on user setup then it will enable this print and send else it will be disabled.

Nice Idea, but I don’t believe the “Print and Send” action has an action that you can access the properties on. HOWEVER, I did figure out a workaround. I created a blank style sheet and imported that style sheet under “Manage Style Sheets” for that page only. I imported it 3 times, once for EXCEL.EXE, once for WINWORD.EXE and once for IEXPLORE.EXE. Ctl-P now prints a blank page (with a footer). Same for email. Word and Excel open up with a style sheet error, which is OK for us.

Thanks for the ideas.

Ron