NAV 2013 R2 - Change Company

Hi all…

In our company we have upgrated the NAV 2013 to NAV 2013 R2.

It works fine with RTC.

In the dev enviroment it dosenot allow to change the company. And I cannot run objects through th dev. env. It shows this error.

---------------------------

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The company name must be specified if the server and instance are specified.

OK

How can I solve this?

Thanks.

Did you fill the options under Tools–>Options in Dev. environment?

Yes Mohana.

I did it just now.

Then It gives me this message.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The client version does not match the server version. You can only connect to a server with a matching version.

Client version: 7.0.33781.0

Server version: 7.1.35473.0

OK

I havenot removed NAV 7.0. It is stil runing.

That’s a “normal” problem. Personally I solved this by having a registry file for NAV 2013 and for NAV 2013 R2 and then import the right one. But you can also use this “protocol changer”: https://navprotocolhandler.codeplex.com/

Thanks Erik.

Can you tel me how you created the registry file for NAV 2013 and for NAV 2013 R2 ?

I think it is better than having thiredparty app.

I first installed NAV 2013 and then exported all the NAV registry entries into one file. And then I did then same with NAV 2013 R2.

OK.

Now because I have done the instalation of boath editions, I think is not possible with me.

Thanks Erik.

The registry will always hold the version you installed last, so it actually looks like you installed NAV 2013 after you installed NAV 2013 R2.

Personally I had to run SETUP in repair mode for both versions several times before I got the files right.

Hi Eric,

Thanks. Just now I have installed navprotocolhandler its working fine.

Thanks

DD