NAV 2013 Installation

Dears,

i installed Dynamic NAV 2013 Database Component on DB Server, and the Server Component on the APP server, then i installed the RTC Client and the development environment on the APP Server as well.

when i open the development environment i am able to log in to the database created by default and create new ones as well.

when i open the RTC i get the following Error:

a fatal error occured.the connection to sql server cannot be established or is no longer usable.this can be caused by one of the following reasons:

• the server has been shut down manually or bcz of an error

• the sql server connection settings are not correct

• a network failure has occured on the server or on your computer

try again later or contact your system administrator

Can anyone please help me solve this problem.

Thank you,

Regards

Welcome to DUG!!!

Kindly check SQL service ,NAV service is started or not .

Hello Amol,

Thanks for your reply.

The NAV service was started and the SQL was working fine, The problem was solved after i changed the service from Network service to domain user.

Thanks,

hello Sarah and Amol,

I restarted the NAV service with domain user but problem still persists. Please suggest me with some other root causes and solutions.

Thanks in advance.

What error message did you get?

Dear Mohana,

I am getting the same error as it was coming earlier.

Eror :-

A fatal error occurred. The connection to SQL server cannot be established or is no longer usable. This can be caused by one of the following reasons:

• The server has been shut down manually or because of an error.

• The SQL server connection settings are not correct

• A network failure has occurred.

• A hardware failure has occurred on the server or on your computer.

Can you login to Development Environment from the same system?

Yes till yesterday I was unable to login in Development environment also but now I have rebuild the server again and installed everything from scratch , now it is running fine [Y].

Thanks for ur suggestions and advices.

Regards,

RV