NAS price increase

Why oh why has MBS increased the price of NAS from 17,500 c/shells to 401,750 c/shells. I can guess why but a price increase of 2295% is a bit much[:0] Does anybody know the offical line??? Paul Baxter

Ok it looks like it is a mistake on the latest price list which will be reissued soon. Paul Baxter

Hi Paul, The price list on the 3.60 product CD has the correct price. regards, Adam

Hi Adam I know, but this was on a new price list issued from Navision this week which would replace any other price list. Paul Baxter

Hi Paul It’s also in the text of the email, anyway Do you know the difference between the two specified? Granule 1415 Application Server 4000 c/shells Granule 1420 Application Server 401750 c/shells and by difference I obviously do not mean the price [:D]

Hi Steven No I don’t know the difference between granule 1415 and 1420 but would like to know. The body of the email did state the change but I expect this was just Navision UK looking at the price list dictated from on high. The official line is that it is an error in the new price list and they are going to reissue it. But knowing what some people were doing with NAS, I would not be surprised that Microsoft did not set the price at that level. Paul Baxter

Hi Paul We bizarrely heard that NAS was going to be offered free, and as we had a user who was purchasing it rang Navision UK to ask the question. They confirmed it would be offered free of charge! So this has confused us even more!

Hi Steven Now that would be interesting as we some time strugle to get people to pay £4375 for NAS. I don’t think there is a hope of selling it for £100,000. But if it was free the uses for it are endless!!! We shell see what the price is when microsoft issue the new price list. The problem for microsoft if to balance its server market with what is possible with NAS. Just think of MSMQ with XML using NAS and look at the comerce portal spec to see what I mean. Paul Baxter

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Hi Paul Granule 1415 Application Server 4000 c/shells Granule 1420 Application Server 401750 c/shells and by difference I obviously do not mean the price [:D]

1420 is 100 App.servers and 1415 is one single. And Yes. It’s more expensive to buy a pack of 100 than 100 single’s…

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Hi Paul We bizarrely heard that NAS was going to be offered free, and as we had a user who was purchasing it rang Navision UK to ask the question. They confirmed it would be offered free of charge! So this has confused us even more!

Maybe they mean the one (1) “free” app.server that is included in granule 3010 (“G/L Base” or what it’s called in english) Regards //Lars

Hi Lars Why would anybody in the world want to run 100 NAS you can do any thing with one. I can see some posiblities for running two if one was on a web server say but 100!!! I think not. Paul Baxter

Hi Lars Well on the off chance I need 100 NAS I will be sure to order 100 off of granule 1415 as this will save me 1750 c/shells on granule 1420 [;)] - or maybe this is the price error we have heard of? So we get one free NAS with the software, indicating they are going to use NAS for standard functionality in the future, and then we can by one for 4000 c/shells, and whilst I am not from the technical side of the Navision world, could someone explain why I would need another 99?

Let’s say You have several companies in Your database and want to use NAS to automate sale and purchase between the companies. The You would need one NAS for each company. But as many as 100… I think not. So I don’t think we have to see that granule in the price list for very long.

Here in Denmark they don’t even have 1420 listed on the 3.60 price list anymore. In vers. 3.10 the price for 1420 was 17500 C/Shells for 100 NAS Sessions. Now they only have the 1415, but priced at the 4000 c/shells.