Multiple version AOS

I would like to ask is there a way to setup a multiple version of AOS in the same server? Something like the AOS could be run version 3 SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4 at the same time? See whether is it possible to setup a 3 tier environment that support multiple version?

Hi Tony! Well. The answer is: yes, theoretically. There are some papers from MBS that say that you can run a higher version AOS and specify in the startup of the instance (that’s the lower “Startup” button) to use another EXE file. So what you have to do is: make an AOS instance, click on Startup and at the “Object Server Executables” group, select another ax32serv.exe Well, I tried it once but I couldn’t make it run. Maybe you have more luck.

Hi Tony Helmut is right. Install Axapta AOS with the latest service pack on your server. Then make 3 folders for SP1, SP2 and SP3. In these folder you need all the AOS files that belongs to the specific version. In Setting in AOS manager you point to the executables you want to run. Make 4 instances with different setups. Please note that due to an error you can’t run 2.5 anymore if you have SP3 or higher. Best regards Kim Truelsen EE Axapta