Multiple sales orders combine packing slip posting, print ssrs on screen, database deadlock

When there are multiple sales orders, I am going to combine the packing list, and then print the ssrs on the screen according to each different sales order number, but I found that when the number of the combined sales orders is too much, the database will deadlock
The following is the main method code in the controller:

DeliveryCreditNoteController   controller = new DeliveryCreditNoteController();
        SRSPrintDestinationSettings            settings;
        CustPackingSlipJour                    custPackingSlipJour = _args.record();
        CustPackingSlipTrans                   custPackingSlipTrans;
        str                                    printTime = strReplace(DateTimeUtil::toFormattedStr(DateTimeUtil::applyTimeZoneOffset(DateTimeUtil::utcNow(), DateTimeUtil::getUserPreferredTimeZone()),
                                                            DateDay::Digits2,
                                                            DateSeparator::None,
                                                            DateDay::Digits2,
                                                            DateSeparator::None,
                                                            DateYear::Digits4,
                                                            TimeSeparator::Space,
                                                            TimeSeparator::Colon)," ","");

Set             salesIdSet = new Set(Types::String);
        SetEnumerator   enumerator;
        SalesId         parmSalesId;
        CustPackingSlipTrans    custPackingSlipTransTmp;
        while select OrigSalesId
                        from  custPackingSlipTransTmp
                        group by OrigSalesId
                        where custPackingSlipTransTmp.SalesId == custPackingSlipJour.SalesId
                        &&  custPackingSlipTransTmp.PackingSlipId == custPackingSlipJour.PackingSlipId
                        &&  custPackingSlipTransTmp.DeliveryDate == custPackingSlipJour.DeliveryDate
        {
            salesIdSet.add(custPackingSlipTransTmp.OrigSalesId);
        }

enumerator = salesIdSet.getEnumerator();

while (enumerator.moveNext())
        {
            parmSalesId = enumerator.current();

controller.parmTableRecId(custPackingSlipJour.RecId);
            controller.parmSalesId(parmSalesId);            controller.parmReportName(ssrsReportStr(DeliveryCreditNoteReport, Report));
            controller.parmShowDialog(false);

settings = controller.parmReportContract().parmPrintSettings();
            settings.printMediumType(SRSPrintMediumType::Screen);

controller.startOperation();
        }

What are the dedlocked queries and locked resources?
Before looking at your code, let me format it and simplify it a bit:

utcDateTime timeInUserTz = DateTimeUtil::applyTimeZoneOffset(DateTimeUtil::utcNow(), DateTimeUtil::getUserPreferredTimeZone());

// TODO: Review the format
str printTime = System.String::Format('{0:yyyyMMdd HH:mm}', timeInUserTz);    

CustPackingSlipJour   custPackingSlipJour = _args.record();
CustPackingSlipTrans  custPackingSlipTransTmp;
Set                   salesIdSet = new Set(Types::String);

while select OrigSalesId from custPackingSlipTransTmp
    group by OrigSalesId
    where custPackingSlipTransTmp.SalesId == custPackingSlipJour.SalesId
       && custPackingSlipTransTmp.PackingSlipId == custPackingSlipJour.PackingSlipId
       && custPackingSlipTransTmp.DeliveryDate == custPackingSlipJour.DeliveryDate
{
    salesIdSet.add(custPackingSlipTransTmp.OrigSalesId);
}

SetEnumerator enumerator = salesIdSet.getEnumerator();

while (enumerator.moveNext())
{
    SalesId parmSalesId = enumerator.current();

DeliveryCreditNoteController controller = new DeliveryCreditNoteController();
    controller.parmTableRecId(custPackingSlipJour.RecId);
    controller.parmSalesId(parmSalesId);
    controller.parmReportName(ssrsReportStr(DeliveryCreditNoteReport, Report));
    controller.parmShowDialog(false);

SRSPrintDestinationSettings settings = controller.parmReportContract().parmPrintSettings();
    settings.printMediumType(SRSPrintMediumType::Screen);

controller.startOperation();
}

What is the execution mode of the controller? If it’s the default of the framework, i.e. ReliableAsynchronous, it means that the reports may be executed in parallel. Is it your intention?

Thanks for the simplification of the code,I didn’t set the controller execution method because I don’t know how to set it

The statement in the lock details viewed in the database is as follows:

SELECT SUM(T1.QTY),AVG(T1.QTYMULTIPLES),T1.INVENTTRANSID,T1.LINENUM,T1.INVENTLOCATIONID,T1.WAREHOUSENAME,T1.WAREHOUSEPHONE,T1.WAREHOUSETELEFAX,T1.WAREHOUSEADDRESS,T1.WAREHOUSECONTACTPERSONNAME,T1.ITEMID,T1.ITEMNAMEALIAS,T1.ITEMNAME,T1.INVENTBATCHID,T1.WMSLOCATIONID,T1.SPECFICATION,T1.INVENTBATCHEXPDATE,T1.STORAGECONDITION,T1. SALESTYPE 
FROM tempdb."DBO". t24180IISJ21310092_497EDCA0F9C8421B8C4131E3C0F76853 T1 
WHERE ((PARTITION=5637144576) AND (DATAAREAID=N'aj')) 
GROUP BY T1.INVENTTRANSID,T1.LINENUM,T1.INVENTLOCATIONID,T1.WAREHOUSENAME,T1.WAREHOUSEPHONE,T1.WAREHOUSETELEFAX,T1.WAREHOUSEADDRESS,T1.WAREHOUSECONTACTPERSONNAME,T1.ITEMID,T1.ITEMNAMEALIAS,T1.ITEMNAME,T1.INVENTBATCHID,T1.WMSLOCATIONID,T1.SPECFICATION,T1.INVENTBATCHEXPDATE,T1.STORAGECONDITION,T1. SALESTYPE 
ORDER BY T1. LINENUM

A deadlock means that several statements block each other. Knowing just one of them doesn’t tell you enough about the deadlock. Also, pay attention to which resource are locked and by which lock type.
Or may be you actually mean a lock and waiting instead of a deadlock.
Could you also answer my question whether you want to run the reports in parallel or not?

Sorry, I don’t understand what it means to run reports in parallel

After running, my database has the process shown in the figure below:

Let’s say you have two IDs in salesIdSet. With your current code, two reports may be executed at the same time, one for each SalesId. If they need to lock the same respources, then can block each other and potentially even cause a deadlock (which means that the database server will terminate of the transactions).
Maybe you did it by mistake and you actually want to run one by one. That’s the question for you.

What can I do to fix this problem? Running reports in parallel?

First of all, you need to decide what you want to achieve. Then if you want help from others, share this information with.
We can’t tell you how to fix it if you don’t tell is what you want.

I want to print multiple ssrs on the screen, the problem now is that the database deadlocks when printing more than a certain number of ssrs

Let me ask you one more time. Do you want to run them in parallel or not?

I don’t need parallelism

Then do it. It’s likely that your problem will disappear if you run the reports one by one. Try adding this call before calling startOperation():

controller.parmExecutionMode(SysOperationExecutionMode::Synchronous);

Thank you very much for your patient answer and the solution you gave, which successfully solved my problem

Sorry, I have one more question and need your help, after the ssrs are printed on the screen, I save as PDF through the export in the upper left corner, I find that every file name is repeated, I want to use the current printed ssrs The parmSalesId+printTime to form the file name of the pdf, I use the following code: controller.parmDialogCaption(parmSalesId+'_'+printTime);
but it didn’t work

The question about the file name doesn’t belong to this thread about the deadlock, but you can easily create a new thread (with the right name and tags).
Also, don’t forget to check previous discussions. For example, look at Change file name of SSRS when export to PDF using X++, although I’m not sure that it still applies to the current application version.

ok i will follow your advice

When I compile the current model in VS and run the program, I find that the problem of deadlock reappears. It’s really strange. I don’t know if there are other solutions?

@MartinDrab Could you please pay attention to this issue again.