Multiple Costs within one company

Currently Navision 2.6 has the inventory cost on the Item Table. How can I have inventory in multiple locations where each location requires a different cost? What options does anyone have for this type of situation?

I’m not quite sure that I understand your problem. Could you please be a little more specific? With Navision you can have different costs for each location. You can even have different costs for each item in your inventory, i.e. if you use serial nos. That matters is what cost you enter when you put in the costs into the system, then this cost is also the cost that will be used when you use the item. And as long as you specify that the item is taken from the specific location, then you should not have any problem. But as I said - I’m not quite sure I understood you right. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Hi, In standard Navision you can have Cost by Location if you use FIFO,LIFO and SPECIFIC coosting systems. AVERAGE and STANDARD does not support this. But we did this couple of times and it is not very difficult modification. Valentin Gvozdev BMI Inc.