MULTIPLE CHOICE OPTION FIELD

HI ALL

how can i select multiple option in my option fields…
like i have a option field post…n options are mail,letter,card,person
Now if i want to select both mail and letter what should i do?
normally we can only select 1 option right !

thank you :slight_smile:

Why don’t you create another option called mail & letter?

thanks for your reply dear…

but i cant…as i said i have a field which is of option datatype…and what you are suggesting is that i create each option choices as fields! that i cant do…these are user specific!

option fields do not have multiple selection

Datatype Option is pr. definition to choose “One-From-Many”. You can only select exactly one - not more, not less!
You have to re-design your solution [:’(]
But - hey - what’s the problem? As you say yourself: “Smile allways” [:D]

Have a nice weekend!

hi anfinnur…hope ur weekend went well [:)]

i will try explaining a bit more…

1st :

i have a form with fields like this image…

Now if you see the field “Phase type” you can see what i meant by having only 2 or 3 types…there are 6 phases…and you can also see that this phase type is an field in the table/form…

2nd:

'm not going to change the multiple choice option of the Methodology only 1 methodolgy can be selected by 1 person…it works like this…A Nav person can access only Nav details in the Practise …

And in the methodology…they can select again only 1 choice @ a time…its either long term,short term, tiny etc…but ONLY 1

3rd…

depending on what method they select we need to filter the phase accordingly…like for short term only devolopement and design phase is needed…so we show only that…and for tiny only analysis phase is needed so we show only that…CLEAR SO FAR?

Thanks [:)]

i coded something like this…And i got the result i was hoping for!..phew…

here it is!

IF (gDropDownPrac IN [ gDropDownPrac :: NAV]) THEN BEGIN
IF (gdropdown IN [ gdropdown :: “Short Term”]) THEN BEGIN
gIntest.RESET;
gIntest.SETFILTER(“Phase Type”,’%1|%2’,1,6);
IF gIntest.FINDSET THEN BEGIN
gEntryFilter.SETTABLEVIEW(gIntest);
IF (NOT gPm AND gSe AND NOT gPl AND NOT gTechnical AND NOT gTeamLeader AND NOT gFunctional AND NOT
gExternal AND NOT gDev )=TRUE THEN BEGIN
gEntryFilter.ApplyMyFilter(gPm,gPl,gSe,gTeamLeader,gDev,gFunctional,gTechnical,gExternal);
gEntryFilter.RUN;
END;
END;
END;
END;