Multi company agregated view

Hello all, I’m new to this forum and to Navision. I have a problem with my current costumer/project. The costumer has several companys. It’s a group. And they wish to see reports regarding all of the company’s. Like cash flows, bank status, but horizontally to all companys. I’ve found a SETRANGE that gives reference to a field called “Company Filter” when i compy info from one company to another. How ever i was unable to reference that field myself. Does anyone ever done something like this? Thank you so much for your time in advance. Vx

The Company filter is used to distinguish between different companies when You have consolidated from several companies. You should look at the functions for consolidation. That’s Your only chance without using external tools or modifying a lot.

My idea was to create one company in Navision just to get those consolidated reports. What are those consolidation functions? I have already a working model using external C++ Dll’s but the complexity is enormous. I was looking for something in the product that could deliver me those same results

Start reading the manuals about consolidating companies. These functions is for aggregating ac****ing data from several companies (subsidiaries) into one company. You can also look in GL and periodic functions. There You find it.

you’re da man! CHANGECOMPANY will do it. Now hacking and slashing is in progress :smiley: Thank you again Vx

Hi Vx, I think the suggestion was to work with consolidation before coding. I know that most programmers perfer to program rather than read manuals etc, but you would be doing your client a great injustice if you were to propose them a huge modification, a major debugging and training excersize, and they were then to read the manuals and find out that they could use a feature that is standard to Navision.

Regarding the client issue, i assure you that i have total focus on the client. I’m digging this out overtime and off office so the client is never hurt. And we almost always work with close contract so verything is on ur expense. the price has been made from the beggining. Now everything is going on smootlhy thank all you guys for the help.

Valfreixo, what David is trying to say (as far as I can speak for him), is that you should always try to follow the standard, as doing otherwise will end up with more costs. Think only about the next upgrade, which will take more time because you have to merge your coding. Maybe the price is fixed, that means that your coding will cost you money! In Navision there is a module for consolidation, which is not expensive. If you let your customer buy this one and use one extra company for consolidation purposes, maybe you can do this without coding att all!

Hi Peter, I agree with the idea of using the standard. But most companies who operate in different regions in the same the Country, but have to comply with Legal Bindings hence have different Companies. These Companies will need to know some information Like, Group Inventory, Group Credit Limits. THis cannot be done using the COnsolidation. If the Requirement is Only G/L then Consolidation is the better option than Coding. Cheers,

I have another problem. I already can agregate g/l accts. But i can only sum them. So i can consolidate accts, ok half done. Now i need to consolidate movements also. For example: Banks - I need to print reports showing every banking movement and from wich company it came from. Same with stocks, cash flows, etc etc. Also, i’m looking for the code of the changecompany function used along the application but i guess that’s core. i know that even if we have several company’s, all the data is stored in just one table. And Navision has a hiden key that filter the needed information. Like a setrange that’s transparent for us. If i could only remove that range and get all the records, it would be perfect. Anyone ever done something like this?

quote:

I need to print reports showing every banking movement and from wich company it came from. Same with stocks, cash flows, etc etc.

That won’t come easy. The standard consolidation only takes care of G/L. The other stuff You are talking about must be extracted from within each company as far as I can see.

quote:

Also, i’m looking for the code of the changecompany function used along the application but i guess that’s core. i know that even if we have several company’s, all the data is stored in just one table. And Navision has a hiden key that filter the needed information. Like a setrange that’s transparent for us. If i could only remove that range and get all the records, it would be perfect. Anyone ever done something like this?

Sorry. This is not possible. You must loop the company table and do a CHANGECOMPANY for each company.

There is a boolean in the designer for everytable which determines if data is per company or not. However, if you ever decide to set this one to no and share different data dabase-wide, please know that all triggers are only called from the company in which the action is taken. If for example you delete an item navision will only activate the on delete trigger for this company, so in every other company this item will be deleted without checking itempostings etc. ANybody developed a workaround for this?

I only need to list it. I don’t need to make any change. If i set it to no, how will navision behave with normal tasks? It will still have the company filter applyed?

Peter, what field is that? When i open object designer i can’t see that bool that you talk about in any table. What am i doing wrog or were should i look instead.