MS Dynamics limitations and issues especially chart of account

Hi MS Dynamics Champions,

Our company is going to implement MS Dynamics financial modules. I need to know what are the limitations of MS dynamics especially chart of account.

Any points highlighted would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sunny

Sunny,

Welcome to Dynamics Business Central. As for the Chart of Accounts (COA), there are no limitations regarding the numbering, description or basic setups. Is there something specific you are thinking about from your past ERP system?

As for recommendations, keep the COA simple 4-5 digits. Make sure if create Dimensions that related to other segmentation reporting (i.e. Department, Product Line, Customer Type, etc…).

Thanks,
Steve

Schinsky,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i have many things but for an example, if we decide to have same/shared COA for all companies then one user can see the accounts of all other companies which must not be the case. Only user must see the accounts related to his/her company. So we need control and securities like this which we have in our past ERP system.

COA are (or at least can be) unique from one company to another within the same database. Permissions can also be setup to restrict a specific user to only have access to a specific company.
A user in one company will not see the GL Entries posted in another company without switching to that company.

Sunny,

As Greg replied, Permission and Security will restrict Users from seeing the COA and values within other companies.

Thanks,
Steve