Moving To Three Tier from Classic - Software Assurance

I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. I have a quick question about software assurance and am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

We have been paying into SA and we are finally looking to upgrade from our Classic Version to the most recent Three Tier Version.

Like other Microsoft Licensing Programs, since we have kept our SA up to date, we assume that we own the rights to the most recent version of the NAV software. Is this correct?

Other than license additions (extra users or granules) and any implementation costs charged by a Microsoft Partner during the upgrade, should the base software costs be covered by our SA payments?

Where might I find information about this online?

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

headley27

Your partner who is supporting you should be able to answer your queries.

Hi Headley,

No, you’re not in the wrong place, although the technical forum is typically used for technical licensing question, but this question is not very technical, so it’s fine. [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

If you are on a current service agreement, then this agreement allows you to upgrade to the newest version of Dynamics NAV, which is NAV 2018. So that is correct.

Technically you could download and install the new version yourself, the actual upgrade cost is for your partner to migrate the data, and any other services you need. Plus as you mention extra users and extra (additional) functionality.

The best way to find more information online, is to use the subscription to access CustomerSource. If you don’t have a login already, then you need to contact your partner, they can add you to the site. But when you talk to your partner, then they are the best to provide you with more detailed information. There might be something special with your license, that we don’t know about, but your partner knows.