Moving Custom AIF Service from Dev1[AX 2012 R2 CU0] to Dev2[AX 2012 R2 CU7]

Hi,

I need some help in the below scenario:

1. I have created a custom Service by using the standard service in our Dev environment [AX 2012 R2 CU0]. Then as the client’s Dev system is having latest Cumulative Updates i.e. CU7, we upgraded our Dev environment from CU0 to CU7.

2. The custom AIF service got created through wizard in our Dev environment when it was at CU0 and I have exported the service project after upgrading our Dev environment to CU7.

Question: Since the classes and other relevant objects for the Service are created by AX through wizard, Is it safe to import the project into the Dev environment ??? Or will it be more safe to just import the custom query into the client’s Dev environment and generate the service there itself.

I am aware of the Post Deployment steps of the service that we need to register it and perform CIL.

I would appreciate for quick response as I am in the middle of deployment.

Thanks & Regards,

Muneeb

You can import the code if you don’t have other changes in the target environment that you want merged with changes in the .xpo. You can compare the code to see if the target environment has modified the same objects.