Most loathed meal ;)

Well… . you know… Sweden it’s usually a cold place… so if you’re lucky you can get a flu before eating the Surströmming so you won’t be able of smelling it… but you will still be able of tasting… [:D]. It’s true that a usual joke in schools it’s putting an open can of Surströmming on the school’s heating?? Have you ever done it, Lars?? [;)][:D]

Must try that somtime[}:)] Never heard of that one before…

quote:

Originally posted by Lars Westman
Must try that somtime[}:)] Never heard of that one before…

That’s what it says on the link you gave us before… [:p][:D]

Brigid, I think yours is the best comment. The Surst… sounds like it should be avoided at all costs. I must say that I am a fan of Leberkäse. Unusual for an Englishman. How about the worst drinks ? Root beer float for example.

Sorry I forgot to say that Root Beer tastes like Germolene. And I remember Germolene from my childhood days. It came in a round tin with a push off lid. The smell was auful. So you can imagine the taste. Back to food. How about the Durian ?

Navicons, Durian? Never heard of it. [?] What is it and what does it taste like?

It’s a fruit. About the size of a melon. Grown in Sri Lanka / Malaysia. I’m sorry the smell is too much for me. But it is supposed to be delicious. I thought you would have more trouble with Germolene. Evidently it’s not available in Australia.

Navicons, I was born & bred in Australia, but have never heard of this durian!?!?!? [?] Germolene doesn’t smell too bad? I wouldn’t want to taste it though [:p] I still stand by my original post - Liver! YUK! [xx(]

quote:

Originally posted by CMDunbar
Navicons, I still stand by my original post - Liver! YUK! [xx(]

As i told before it depends on how you eat it… take onion,a bit of garlic and olive’s oil. Warm the oil in a pan, cut the onion and cut also the garlic in small pieces. Put the onion and the garlic in the oil and move them a bit so they get a golden colour… then put the liver previously cut in small pieces (like squares… for example). Fry it so the liver is well done… and it’s ready to serve. Regards,

Alfonso, Mmmmmm! NOT! [:D] How disgusting! [xx(] I’ll take you’re word for it!

I have seen in a food program that in Mexico, in some restaurants, they have as a delicacy ants’ eggs, plus fried insects. In the same episode, the host of the show (he travels around the world seeking weird and strange dishes) drank a fermented drink made from the juice of the cactus plant. He said it felt like drinking “snout” (that’s the word he used). Ouch! [xx(] I think the worst of all, in my opinion, is rats. In a program (called the Guinness World Record show, or something to that effect) they talk about a restaurant in China whose dishes revolve about cooked rats. I can never try that. Okay, maybe not worse than ant eggs. [;)] P.S.: Didn’t mean offense to any Mexican or Chinese person here. [:)]

I think it was the Lonely Planet guide that succinctly summed up the Durian. It was said to ‘smell like st and taste like st’. I can verify the former but I’m afraid was not brave enough to test the latter. They even went on to mention that you could get Durian Ice Cream that ‘looked like Ice cream but still smelled like st and tasted like st’. Regarding drinks at Uni people used to drink something called ‘Gorilla Snot’ which was Baileys Cream dripped into Lime juice. The lime juice made the Baileys coagulate into a slimy globular lump hence the name.