More Spam recruitment?

Hi, I got a recruitment e-mail from ‘Khunter’, claiming to have ‘noticed my postings’ on the forum. Is this recruitment acknowledged by mibsug, or do we have another spammer?

I received this e-mail too [V] Looks like he doesn’t care too much about where we live - I can’t imagine that he has opportunities both in the UK and in Austria [}:)]

I must be really lucky - I never receive these recruitment spams! [:D] Or is this trying to tell me I’m not good enough? [V]

quote:

Originally posted by Kbara
I got a recruitment e-mail from ‘Khunter’, claiming to have ‘noticed my postings’ on the forum.

If we are talking about a personlized email, then it doesn’t have to be spam. If you have allowed everyone to see your email and if he has a specific need (i.e. you wrote about a subject he’s very interested in - not general Navision development) then I personally think that it’s not a spam mail. But that’s my opinon. That’s “normal” head hunting procedures.

quote:

Originally posted by Kbara
Is this recruitment acknowledged by mibsug, or do we have another spammer?

MBSUG never acknowledge any spammers. Our Acknowledged Recruiters (our sponsors) are not allowed to spam either. Recruiters are only allowed to post open jobs in the correct fora - or to sign up for additional ads on the front page.

Erik, the e-mail was “personalized” only so far as to start with “Hi xorph”. He did not mention any specific interests, and did not bother to include his own name and address, just a return e-mail address. Connull, I could ask him to send you some spam too, if this boosts your self-confidence [;)]

quote:

If you have allowed everyone to see your email and if he has a specific need (i.e. you wrote about a subject he’s very interested in - not general Navision development

That’s the problem, I generally only post once or twice a week, and normally only on very general Navision development threads. I don’t accept that I have done anything in particular to get their interest.

quote:

Looks like he doesn’t care too much about where we live - I can’t imagine that he has opportunities both in the UK and in Austria

Worse than that - presumably, if there was genuine interest, he would have seen from my profile that I actually live in Jersey in the Channel Islands. Since there’s a total of just two NSCs here, I’m fairly sure it was a random pickout. Then again, if he’s ‘noticing my postings’, I’m sure he’ll send me a follow up e-mail in response to this thread…

Thanks Heinz, but I’ll pass on that - sounds like it really annoy’s you guys that receive these spams!?!

quote:

sounds like it really annoy’s you guys that receive these spams!?!

I don’t mind an honest recruiting attempt, it’s just the ones that pretend you’re being sought out specifically when it’s clearly a blatant lie. For one thing, my profile has my proper name on it, yet they use my UserID instead - hardly a good impression. Spam in general doesn’t bug me too much - bad quality spam does [;)]

Ok Guys, For now I’ve locked his account. He can get back to me (I hope he’s reading this thread) if he want to appologies and sign up as a sponsor.

Last week, I sent him a reply to his original email, in which I mentioned our discussion here and that his approach to recruiting was not the optimal way of doing so [V] Today I received his apology. He said he was a recruiter from Singapore and that he recognized that he had made a bad impression. He also asked me to forward his apologies to the forum, which he had visited upon suggestion of “several professionals from the forum”.

Hi Heinz, Thank you for your professional approch. I would have done so too, if I only had the time. So far on the other hand it’s my sad experience that “they” normally don’t get back to you if you complain over their behaviour.

Thanks, Erik. I have to admit that his apology was far more than I had expected and I was pleasantly surprised by it (actually, I had expected something in the range from “no reply” to “getting spammed even more after being so stupid as to reveal my real address”). He even mailed me a second time, saying that he definitely would consider signing up as a sponsor, and asked me to convey his thanks to you [8D]

I will reopen his account and wait for his response…