Missing and duplicated lines

I have the following problems, * Document printing Sometimes, when I send a Shipment document to the printer, I get the document, all copies, with missing lines, that is, if the document have to print 25 lines, I get only 5. Once checking copies and I see the error, I print it again and I get the right print. The report does nothing special, no updates except the number o copies once printed (like the original report do). * Duplicate lines In some tabular forms, when moving up and down to the different records, sometimes I get duplicated lines that disappears when moving to other records. I notice that this problem seems to appears when using CurrForm.Update function. Does anybody know about any of the points above? We are using Financials 2.60C + SQL 7 (SP2) * Is there any Service Pack newer than 2.60C? * I am planning to implement SQL 7 SP3, anybody has implemented it? Any problem? Thanks in advance Jesús Soage

Yes, you’ll have to upgrade to 2.60D plus hotfix. 2.60C is known to have a problem when running under SQL. As additional benefit, 2.60D SQL is much faster. John

Thanks a lot John. I asked our NSC to send us 2.60D plus hotfix. Note for moderator: I think it would be a good idea to have information about last Service Packs available for each version (SQL, Financials DB, …) What do you think?

quote:

Originally posted by JSoage: Note for moderator: I think it would be a good idea to have information about last Service Packs available for each version (SQL, Financials DB, …) What do you think?

Not that I’m the moderator of this forum, but would like to say that I feel that this is a good idea, as long as this is public information from Navision. Although I can see it cause some problems to Navision. The service packs and hotfixes are not released at the same time in all countries and they are neither numbered the same way or called the same. I’m not quite sure about the rules regarding the fixes, but as far as what I can see then a US 2.60.B with improvements(Navision US’ term), hotfixes and servicepacks can be the same as a DK 2.60.D, so when people are posting information about this here, then please include all details, including country version etc. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

John, You did start your reply as “Yes, …”. Dou you mean that you know the problems I mentioned or just confirm that there is a service pack newer than 2.60C? Regards, Jesús

Yes, I recognize the problem (we experienced something similar with a report - it has to do with the way specific filter settings are applied. The 2.60D docs tell you all about it), and yes I do know there are newer versions available than the one you mention. BTW, to the best of my knowledge, there are no problems to expect with SQL 7 SP3. John

Hi again, I did install the 2.60D (I only receive DLL, EXE, …, no C/AL code), and I was very happy until today that we notice another Shipment document with missing lines. As in the other cases, we re-print the document and got the right one (all lines in it). This is frustrating. Do you have any other news about this? Edited by - jsoage on 2001 May 10 15:01:01

The lines problem can also be by having errors on the keys choosement and/or in code. About the tabular forms duplicated lines… are u using aftergetrecord code for obtaining the lines you’re showing? It could be easier if knowing some more about the code on your problematic objects for detecting if they’ve fails or not. – Alfonso Pertierra apertierra@teleline.es Spain

2.6D does fix the issue with retrieving data from SQL server. 2.6B/C had issues with filters and record sets returning from the SQL server. This often occurred when posting journals that were large (100-1000+ lines). The journal would be posted incorrectly with some lines being duplicated, some not posted. This was a buffering issue that was fixed in 2.6D. This also occurs when printing some reports. As for the version information and when versions are released in different countries. There are no real limits to the executables. You can run a full set of 2.6B objects on 2.6D for example, or even 2.01B objects on 2.6D. Of course this goes with a warning and a suggestion to test and no guarantees but if there are no exe/dll version links to a set of objects (such as new C/AL functions) then its usually ok. Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au