Mispronunciation of Navision?

How many of you have heard Navision mispronounced by your (l)users? It seemed to be a difficult process when we first started to teach everyone how to pronounce the name. The two main ones that I joke about with fellow employees is: Navison (notice no i) Navigation

What about this one: Naviation [:D]

How about No-vision

how about Nei-vision

And this one : Navisjon or Navisjohn

This one - german only: “Narrenvision” (still used by our Operating-Team) [}:)] Jörg

Nervision. Suggests some connection of system use with the health state of the user’s nerves [;)]

At one place they kept calling it “navi-vision”. I never bothered to try and correct them!

Attain => Athen

Or the german version: NaFission [8D]

Believe it or not but a couple of years ago I even had a request from a customer to customize the product name from Navision to Vision. On this site all the users had a “Vision” icon pointing to the Navision application (fin.exe) So everybody in this organisation was referring to Vision for Navision. It confused us a hell of a lot back then, and more than one time : Customer Support : “Good morning, how can I help you ?” Customer(End User) : “Good morning may I have the Vision support please?” Customer Support :“Sorry Vision? you’ve reached the Navision support here not the Vision support” Customer (End User) : “Ho really ?I must have dialled a wrong number then” Customer Support : “I guess you’ve …”

When we became NSC, to show ourselves how fond we were of the product, we immediately adopted Navision as our accounting system. Our accountat for hence forced to switch from an other accounting system she was very happy with to this new, strange, thing [;)]. She complied, but started calling it “'Na visione!”, which sort of Italian slang for “What a vision!” [:D] Anna

My heart usually sinks if someone calls it anything other than “Na-vision”, because it means that I am dealing with someone who is a complete beginner…[:(] or someone who does not listen…[}:)]

Interesting we have the problem that people don’t know whether to pronounce it NARVISION with A being ARRR NAAVISION with A being a child like “a” or NVision with the A being almost silent which is the way I pronounce it [8D]

It just erks me even more when I hear the MBS reps mispronounce it. Any one heard “NAY-vision” That’s apparently the standard at MBS. At least from the marketing people. There have been at least 6 different events that I’ve been to where people from MBS…people doing the main introductions…have mispronounced the name. Maybe I should start mispronouncing other products I compete against “Great Pains” or others…

What about: NAVIZIA

quote:

Originally posted by Muzzy Dawg
It just erks me even more when I hear the MBS reps mispronounce it. Any one heard “NAY-vision” That’s apparently the standard at MBS. At least from the marketing people.

Don’t take it personally, but it is because you are speaking American english rather than ‘proper’ english.[:D]

The company I’m working for now is pronouncing Navision as Naavision, even the developers. I tried correcting, but it’s a losing battle.

Is this the same Richard Nester that previously lived in Atlanta?

Well, In my company they pronounce it SAP [:p]