Misc. Charge Adjustment for posted Purchase Invoice

Hello,

I am using AX2009.

I post a purchase invoice with 2 lines.

Item A, Qty 10, Unit $10

Item B, Qty 10, Unit $10

Then I find I forget to input the misc. charges for Item A charge $1

When I go to purchase invoice, how can I assign the misc. charge to line 1 only of my purchase invoice?

Not really sure, but if you have not used the item you could put the negative quantity in the receive now and post it to reverse it. Then go to the line, setup, miscellaneous charges, add it and re-receive and invoice.

Hello,

Unfortunately we have sold the item.

Does that mean we can only do a sales return on that item, and do a purchase return, then put the misc charge, and post invoice?

Can we make misc. charge adjustment for 1 purchase line only?

There will be other ways but you need to speak to a finance person really. The issue here is that the cost has gone through. You could adjust the cost in the inventory close and post the carge as an ad hoc journal.

Yes if you add the miscellaneous charge to the line as I suggested, it is for the item on the line, not all items on the order as with the header entry.

You need to tell us the full case, including your setup e.g. costing method, any marking, misc. chage posting (posting to item??)…

Are you able to do misc. charge adjustment on PO invoice? Can’t remember if you can do this at line level, it is possible at header level.

hope this help

Select invoiced purchase order Go to inquiries > invoice > Misc. Charges, Adjustment you can adjust the Misc charges the system will take care of this adjustment while doing the recalculation…

And process the invoice as a charge from the supplier of course.

Hi Naeem,

In my case, the PO has been posted invoiced. How do we Misc. charge adjustment ?

Thanks in advance,

Doan

Hi Doan,

Naeem described the process of misc charges to invoiced PO only. For open or Received PO you can do it as per standard process only.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for your reply.

In my case, the PO has been posted invoiced.

And the same issue with Kenl above, unfortunately we have sold the item and we can not do sales return on those items, and do a purchase return, then put the misc charge.

Can we make misc. charge adjustment for 1 purchase line only?

Thanks in advance,

Doan