Migrate Application from Keyora Webfoot E-Commerce platform to .Net Platform

Hi,

There is a need of migrating an existing application from Keyora Webfoot E-Commerce platform to .Net platform.

I have searched and found that Keyora Webfoot E-Commerce platform is based on Dynamic AX with Manhattan ILS as back end.

Please suggest how to proceed for the same?

Regards,

Shalini

Hi Shalini,

I never heard of that product before. But when I checked Keyora website, it looks like the product is developed for Dynamics platform. I could be wrong here - but I could not see any reference that the product was developed using Dynamics platform.

Also Dynamics Ax is capable of only supporting SQL Server and Oracle as back end. It definitely cannot support the back end that you mentioned.

Regards,

Thanks for the reply Harish. Really appreciate the same.

Ohhh I got your point. Thanks for correcting me.

Would request, if you can guide me How to start using Dynamics AX? What is this all for? How it is different from .Net Framework?

Regards,

Shalini

Hi Shalini,

Dynamics Ax is the flagship enterprise resource planning (ERP) offering from Microsoft. For more info, have a look here and here . If you want to use Dynamics Ax, you have to engage with a Dynamics Ax reseller. Please contact your local MS office to get in touch with resellers in your area.

.NET framework is more a software framework. This framework contains components that are used in developing various software applications.

Hope this helps,

Thanks Harish once again for your help. Really appreciate the same.

You have given such a crispy and clear definition of Dynamics Ax.

Well, currently I have downloaded and installed the trial version of the same. When I have opened the same got few options enabled. I have complied all the files. Now from there how to proceed, I do not have any idea.

Even eveything is coming disabled when clicked on File and Open Menu.

Please guide.

Regards,

Shalini

Hi Shalini,

It doesn’t sound right. Are you sure you downloaded and installed Dynamics Ax? What version have you installed? And from where did you download the software? Sorry about so many questions. But your reply will help us in providing an accurate response.

Regards,

Harish,

I have installed AX 2009 and have downloaded the same from the MS site itself.

Hi Shalini,

Installation of DAX 2009 (or for that matter any version) involves quite a few steps. Please see here for more info.

Also you will need a valid demo license for activating full functionalities.

Regards,