Microsoft Dynamics Nav Client has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Hello Members,

Greetings. Feels nice to have joined the Dynamics User Group. Hope you all are doing very well.

I come here in front of you guys with a lot of expectations and hope of a solution for weird problem I have been facing with my client from a couple of days and the problem is as below.

Problem:

My client is using Dynamics NAV 2013R2 under the Role Centre of “Sales Manager”

The issue is, when ever client tries to create a Sales Order, the NAV 2013R2 application bumps me out or logs me out of the application.

Client is able to open Sales Order form, enter the customer name and all the information pops up superbly. But in the Sales Line under the Type “Item” when user click on the drop down button or for that matter even type the Item No, he gets the message "

Microsoft Dynamics Nav Client has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." and gets disconnected.

Kindly help me with this issue. Also, please find attached the screen shot FYI.

Thanks and Regards,

Sam.

Did you try to compile all objects?

have you done any customizations?

is it only in that role center?

did you try to change role center and create order?

Hi Guys,

I am also getting the same issue but only in 1 user PC. In Sales Order Screen of NAV2013 when i try to lookup(select an item) the system crashes with the above message.

No new customization is done in the onlookup, onvalidate of item table or form. all standard code.

Please advise if you know of any solutions.

Thanks

Vineeth