Microsoft Dynamics AX

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me, Is Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 is case sensitive?

Thanks in advance…

Kishore.

Hi,

welcome to the forum!

First of all, never put such a useless title for the thread…

To be honest, I don’t remember any situations from my experience where anything would have been case sensitive in AX.

Janis.

Hi

Dynamics AX is not a case sensitive

Hi Kishore,

It is actually the settings (collation) in database which decide whether it is case sensitive or not. For example, here is our DEV collation - ‘SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS’

‘CI’ in the above collation indicates that it is ‘case insensitive’. Check collation property in your database and see for yourself.

UPDATE -

Bottomline is AX (at least 2012) does not support ‘case sensitive’. Excerpt from System requirements below -

Microsoft Dynamics AX supports Unicode collations that are case-insensitive, accent-sensitive, kana-sensitive, and width-insensitive. The collation must match the
Microsoft Windows locale of the computers that are running instances of the AOS. If you are setting up a new installation, we recommend that you select a Windows
collation instead of a SQL Server collation. For moreinformation about how to select a collation for a SQL Server database, see the SQL Server documentation.

Hi Janis,

Thank you for your suggestion and your solution.

Kishore

HI Ganesh,

Thank you for your answer.And sorry for the delay replying.

Kishore

HI Harish,

Thank you for your answer.

kishore.