Microsoft Dynamics Ax Funtional Consultant certification

Hi All,

I work for a Manufacturing company and I am an end user of Dynamics AX 2009 product. I have acquired experience and knowledge as end user through out a year.

I would like to move on to next level as Microsoft Dynamics Ax Funtional Consultant. But I dont have the right path to reach the destination.

Frankly speaking I want to be professional consultant rather than being an end user. Kindly share me the necessary details as how can I reach to the destination.

Thanks.

Hi Syed,

Check this link for details.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Course.aspx?ID=80024A

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for sharing me such an important learning link.

But Sunil can you also let me know what certification should I take to be a functional consultant.

This is all about to change as well with AX2012.

Being a certified functional consultant is driven by your skills and where you want to be certified.

Hi Adam,

In that case suggest few ways which are best to get certified.

Have you had a look at the training plan? This way well change with AX2012. What timescales do you want to achieve. What area do you want to focus upon? Finance, Trade, Production etc.

Hi Adam,

Hope you happen to see my first message. In addition to the query, Few information which I would like to add is:

I am a computer science graduate and currently deployed in sales operations team of Plastic Mfg company. I work on Dynamicx Ax 2009 product and as I said earlier, I want to move on as Dynamics AX functional consultant in Trade (Supply Chain Management - Service Management)

The queries which I want to get clarified are below:

Is it possible to get become a Professional Dynamicx AX funtional consultant as I am just an end user?

If Yes, What are the things which I got to get accomplish to reach the destination.

I dont have a clear picture of how it takes but all I have is confident and look for the way to achieve it. I can learn to get certified and also understand the business in trade as I have a timeline of 3 - 6 months to switch as consultant.

Hi Adam,

Hope you happen to see my first message. In addition to the query, Few information which I would like to add is:

I am a computer science graduate and currently deployed in sales operations team of Plastic Mfg company. I work on Dynamicx Ax 2009 product and as I said earlier, I want to move on as Dynamics AX functional consultant in Trade (Supply Chain Management - Service Management)

The queries which I want to get clarified are below:

Is it possible to get become a Professional Dynamicx AX funtional consultant as I am just an end user?

If Yes, What are the things which I got to get accomplish to reach the destination.

I dont have a clear picture of how it takes but all I have is confident and look for the way to achieve it. I can learn to get certified and also understand the business in trade as I have a timeline of 3 - 6 months to switch as consultant.

Yes you said you wanted to be a functional consultant. Traditionally the three areas I listed are the functional choices, the software is too big to know everything. Even those three areas leave CRM, Product Builder, CRM, BI, EP etc outside.

Now you say you want to be a Trade consultant, which is the first decision.

Can you become an AX functional consultant as an end user? Arguably no, you lack the experieince of consultancy. Can you become certified? Yes, do the Trade exam as a base.

Being a consultant is not just about understanding trade and being certified. I would argue the certification is the least important. If I was you I would contact partners now and see if you can get a position and learn as you go. Traditionally better if you are mentored, depends on the partner. You will however need to develop consultancy skills.

Yes I completely accept what you said. I will do my best according to your advice. I will contact partners and see if I could get a place with them.

But at the same time I should not see partners as only way. If I have a view like that then I will be left at one place still looking for partners to give opportunity.

There should be an alternate always…

You have to work as a Dynamics Ax end-user in at least 2 to 3 environment that is companies know varieties procedures of business sit with the implementation partners for whom you are working as a end user.

Then go for the shot…

functional certified : you need to know functionality of the module . how would you know ?. by using it , experiencing the problems while using and solving.

either start as end user , or start as beginner in technical in that module. after spending 3 to 6 months . you will understand what to do.

certification is the last thing i would worry about .