merge customized cards

Hi, Can somebody tell me how i can merge a standard customer card with a customized customer card ? best regards, naessens wendy.

If you have the Navision Merge tool, I suppose you could use that. If not, try having to sessions running and pull up the new card in one and the old card in the other and move fields that way. If code is a concern, you can copy and past the controls with code. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

Hi,Bill I do have the Navision Merge tool but i don’t seem to be able to work properly with it. Everytime i run the Merge tool it says it has merged my standard card with my customized card and then when i try to import my merged text file into my navision database i come to the conclusion it has not merged but replaced instead. isn’t there a book with more information how to use the merge tool because the help file on the navision cd isn’t very good. Naessens Wendy, developer in the Navisoft Development Team wn@navisoft.net

The only other information on how to use the Merge tool is in the related PDF file…but it isn’t very good either. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Hi Wendy, sorry it took so long to reply. I think you may be confused by Navisions terminology. You mentioned you successfully merged the 2 forms together but, when you import you only get a replace as an option. On the import workscreen you do want to choose replace. This means that the existing object will be overwritten by your merged object. Merge is available only for tables. I hope this helps. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

hi,everybody No worries Bill, i am already glad somebody answers my mail because i can use the help. I have managed to import a merged file into my database so thanks again for the help. Is it also possible to merge a navision 3.01 belgium customized card with an navision 3.01 international card and then imported in a navision 3.01 database? best regards, Naessens Wendy.

This is one of those cases where something is theoretically possible but, really shouldn’t be done. I would open up both copies and copy and paste the fields. Make sure to examin all code attached to the controls. Make sure that the field even exists in the “new” database. (It should but, you never know) Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

It is possible, but obviously you are more interested in “Will it work?” I think the best way to find that out is to try it. The degree of problems you will find will be dependent on the specific localizations you are dealing with and what customizations have been done. It is my guess that you will have some problems but they will be solvable without too much effort. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner