Mbs Chat room

hi all A new char room has been developed for mbs users. all of u pls join so that we can clear the doubts immediately Thanks Leeza

sorry i forgot to paste the link http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/chatroom.aspx

Nobody there [No]

I logged into this today morning. It certainly looks good. Hope this picks up soon! Harish Mohanbabu

quote:

Nobody there [No]
Originally posted by marq - 2005 Dec 28 : 04:36:40

Maybe we should set a date. [8D] Anna

quote:

quote:
Nobody there [No]
Originally posted by marq - 2005 Dec 28 : 04:36:40

Maybe we should set a date. [8D] Anna
Originally posted by Anna Perotti - 2006 Jan 02 : 06:45:30

Nobody there now… Probably a date is the only way to get the chatroom filled with more than 1 person. [:(] Could it be this site had a chatroom when it was still navision.net? Or am I mistaking?

quote:

Nobody there now… Probably a date is the only way to get the chatroom filled with more than 1 person. [:(]
Originally posted by tinoruijs - 2006 Jan 02 : 14:07:04

Problem is that we are a wee bit too spread all around the world. [xx(] Anna

Yes there was a Chat room here, but for the reason mentioned by Anna, it never really worked out.

i’ve already tried to chat on this web site also, but no luck. I hop it will work after the offline meeting

I know this post is over 1 year old and a lot of water has been flowing ever since.

But I’ll like to ask if there is a general wish to have online chat capabilities?

I think that would be nice. We’d only have to be disciplined enough to post a summary when we help each other ‘live’.

I think it is little impractical, different users normally mean different time zones, real time answers,etc. Just an opinion ….[:S]

I also think its worth trying. I don’t think “general chat” is much use. But we could have a chat based on a specific hot topic. So if we see over a week a lot of posts about inventory costing, then we pick say 5 issues on that subject, and have an open chat. At the end we copy all the text into a thread or blog for future reference. Time wise, we really need to cover the US and Europe since thats where most members are, (so between say 14:00 and 18:00 GMT or UTC. Though if we have APAC interest, we can address that time zone too. In fact probably we suggest 3 or 4 time slots, and go for the one with the most votes.

Personally I think it would be great to have an on line chat. … now whats the first topic?

• SQL
  • Sharpoint
  • Inventory Costing
  • Sure Step

I am sure that this could take off.

I sure don’t agree with you. That our members are in many many different time zones is actually very good. I know many consultants and developers who sometimes sit up all night working. And during that hour they don’t have that many co-workers they can consult. So here it would be great to have members from other time zones you can chat with.

A very good idea to have planned and scheduled chats.

How did plan to do this technically? I know of a system that works directly with the CommunityServer (http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/Deployment/Community-Server-21/default.htm). It costs 300 USD - but a 30 days evaluation copy is available and if we like then we can see if we can find a sponsor to pay that.

Ok, let’s give it a try. [;)]

Well now it’s installed.

Please try it out and let me here how you want to arrange the “Chat Room Meetings”

It’s working

Of cause it is! [;)]

Well its off to a good start. First day and its already active [<:o)]