MBS Attain 3.70 Beta

Hi @ all Ive recently heard about a “MBS Attain 3.70 Beta”! Does someone knows where to get it? I would like to take a look at it (Bugs [xx(])

Hi Benjamin If your NTR are willing to release a copy to you this will be your best route.

It’s not released yet, and it will be when the time is there. I think there is the death penalty on release version before the actual release date.

Emiel, He’s only talking about the BETA version. Normally the NTR is releasing this to the NSC’s long before the actual release.

Err…That also depends on the NTR if Beta is to be released to NSCs. That’s what happen in Asia Pasific. [;)]

I heard now that only NSCs who are building Add-Ons are getting the 3.70 Beta’s! So we have to wait a bit more for the new Bugs :smiley:

Does anyone have a list of the changes in version 3.70?

quote:

Originally posted by Admin
Does anyone have a list of the changes in version 3.70?

You mean fixed bug list? [;)]

I think Erik means new features in version 3.70 Knowing in advance of the features is helpful so as we can impress potential customers with awesome feature that is soon to come…(hahaha).

No I actually mean a fixed bug list! [:D]

Can someone explain what are NTR and NSC?

Well, the letter that came with the 3.70 Beta clearly states that the informtion is solely for NSC and Navision internal use, and may not be used for demo or alike to end-users. This is to avoid raising expectations on functionality that may not be in the final release. But i can tell the document is a small-thingy of 60 pages so far :slight_smile:

quote:

Originally posted by sebastien.bas-guasch
Can someone explain what are NTR and NSC?

NSC = Navision Solution Center NTR = Navision Teritory Representive So it’s the OLD words for Navision’s partners. The NSC are the resellers/VAR’s and the NTR are the local Navision companies, i.e. Microsoft Business Solutions Danmark A/S.

The fix list is 250 pages …

Some new features : - only show licensed granules in main menus - mnf demo data creator - changed payment tolerance - multiple city for same postal code - synchro Contacts tasks/meetings Outlook / Attain - open items from Outlook - multiple contacs per service item - contract related service ledger entry handling - new granule layout of WMS - commerce geateway stuff - possible to alter db collation - session killer - clients with code page different from code page server can work - find as you type can be disabled - saving breakpoints - see values of arrays in debug the other 200 pages are fixes…

Hi, Do you know how I can get hold of these 250 pages? We have a powerpoint with the above bullets from Microsoft UK, but I would find some more detail very useful for our current and new implementations… Hope you can help…

Can I upload it here ? How ?

nav nav, It seems from you posting that Trinidad & Tobago is way ahead of us in the UK as far as information on new releases is concerned. I bet the weather is better too… any chance of a job? Chris.

quote:

Originally posted by CMGW
nav nav, It seems from you posting that Trinidad & Tobago is way ahead of us in the UK as far as information on new releases is concerned. I bet the weather is better too… any chance of a job? Chris.

It is nice here, but I’m thinking about migrating to : http://www.sealandgov.com/ … only the weather.

In my many years working with Navision, I think the thing that most damages sales, is selling products that don’t exist. This is one of the prime reasons that Navision don’t like to pre-release. This is not a client issue, but an NSC issue. Unless you are an NDP, there really is no reason that you need to see beta releases, and in 99.9% of cases it is a hinderance. You will find that your programmers get their hands on it, and spend more time looking for bugs and new “features” instead of getting out there and solving current client issues, and of course getting their billing moving along. My advise “Sell now what you have now.”