maximum database size with 2.xx

Is the maximum database size of navision financials 2.xx limited to 32 Gbytes ? As someone a database larger than 32 Gbytes with 2.xx. Thanks a lot.

I think NO, you can use 32 files with 2 GByte = 64 GByte

It depends on the version. (2.00 and 2.60f are very different) My recommendation is to spend a couple of hours, and upgrade the EXE to 3.70, and then have 128G.

quote:

Originally posted by David Singleton
My recommendation is to spend a couple of hours, and upgrade the EXE to 3.70, and then have 128G.

Right, but what if the customer is not paying for the update program? Stick with 2.xx!

Hi David what is a cpouple of time if your client has nearly 60% personally and had changed many standards ? What should it cost to go to 3.70 ???

quote:

Originally posted by h-d.neuenfeldt
What should it cost to go to 3.70 ???

David mentioned to update the executables (client and server). Not the application itself. Could be really done in a couple of hours (pls test before going live, folks!).

quote:

Originally posted by walter@kirz

quote:

Originally posted by David Singleton
My recommendation is to spend a couple of hours, and upgrade the EXE to 3.70, and then have 128G.

Right, but what if the customer is not paying for the update program? Stick with 2.xx!

32G and not paying for support, now there is a wonderfull combination. Basically Walter I allowed for a basic belief in sanity before I suggested the 3.70 option. Could you honestly believe a client with 32 G of data and no support?

Hi Walter, I think I read wrong ! It is posible to have Navision 3.70 Server/Client with my Navision 2.01 objects ??? What licence do I need to do so ???

and what’s about table-locking , record locking , performance and and and …

Just this afternoon I upgraded executables to 3.70 at a client with a 1.20 database. No problem at all.

I always recommend clients to upgrade executables and to never be more than 2 versions behind. i.e. ALL Navision customers by now should aim to be running on at least the 3.10 executables. I mormally recommend to NSCs that they have a plan in place with their end users to make this a routine process. One day a year is about what needs to be put aside for this. There are exceptions to the rule of course, such as companies with strict ISO rules etc. And of course compaines with complex C/Front or ODBC interfaces.