Master Planning Crashing

Hi,

When I run master planning ( Regenerative or net) for Intercompany , i have this error " Error - An update conflict occurred due to another user process deleting the record or changing one or more fields in the record" and we dont know why as nobody is working during the time that master planning is running.

Please can someone explain what is the problem? also is it normal that the system crashes because of that?

Thanks

I would suggest that a customization impacts here - ask a developer to debug it. No it is not normal that the system crashes.

Did you ever see this message " " Error - An update conflict occurred due to another user process deleting the record or changing one or more fields in the record" . It occurs usually when running Intercompany Master planning.

I would really like to know if someone has a document that explain all the error message sent after master planning run

That is not a Master Planning message, it is a generic system one. You need to check your version and hotfixes with Microsoft for IC planning and get a developer to debug it.

Is it normal that even if that error appears, the status is “ENDED” ? How can we see fifferences when we have the status “error” and the status " ended" as both status give some error messages?

I guess it will depend upon the nature of the error, but you would need a developer to look at the code and understand what constitutes the status differences. Warnings for example are not errors, so I would not expect the batch routine to be set to order.

I do also face this kind of issue sometimes and I simply try the workaround like: Ending the Unused sessions from System administration=> Users=> Online users form. It works!

I understand but how do I know that MRP did run completely and ended without errors?? I am really lost here as sometimes status is “ended” with errors , sometimes status is " ended" without errors.
Does anybody here has a documentation on this ? It looks like I have to open the log each time to check. Thanks