Master/Basic Data file

Hello Navision (And Neil) :wink:

We are currently trying to implement an invoice system, for uploading and approving invoices.

The supplier asks for a file containing master data /basic data. They give me the following example of such a file extractet from Navision.

Do anyone know how to extract this file?

Master Data File Example/Structure

File example:

​<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" standalone="yes"?>

10D

10D
Nej

30 DAGE
30D

30 dage netto
Nej

AED

AUD

Balance
Overskrift
Nej
Ja

Error account
Konto
Nej
Ja

Indenlandsk Kreditor A/S

INDLAND

Pilegaard-Henriksen A/S

8 DAGE

INDLAND

FIRST HOTEL COPENHAGEN

01-06-14
30-09-14
AFDELING
PROJEKT

EU
Debitorer/kreditorer i EU-lande

INDLAND
Indenlandske debitorer/kreditorer

Simon

Hi! Yes this looks like an xmlport. Did they send the Nav fob file (this is the exported object from the development environment) or just the spec?

Which version of Nav are you using?

Neil

You are fast, Niel :smiley:

No, they didnt send me anything else then the above example. Should i ask them for something before im able to export such a master data file?

Im using Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015.

Thank you very much, once again :slight_smile:

Simon

Yes ask them to send you the Nav xmlport exported as a *.fob file. You can then import via the development environment and resolve any (inevitable) issues.

Neil

I just talked to the supplier. They dont know what im talking about (They dont work in navision, they just have this example of the master data file). Do you have any idea on how i could extract a file looking like that? with the master data?

Simon,

Oh that is interesting! Looks like an xmlport to me with the correct references.

Not busy today (not good for the self employed) so I will see if I can create on Nav 2015 here - we use GB version but looks to me like a generic file version so will confirm how I get on.

Neil

Thank you very much Neil.

Im starting from scratch here, and there is not much help to get, so i am very grateful for your time!

Simon

Just emailed the object to you (*.fob, xmlport number 50000 which hopefully will not clash with any other xmports) and a sample file from our Nav 2015 GB demo.

Enjoy!

Neil